Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 11:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably got gunshy due to the outcry associated with the first revamp, then by the time they might've be willing to do it again there's no funding for it. The great mistake was, I think, changing the style and scale of the models the way they did instead of simply improving the polygon counts and texture quality. Didn't even look like the same game.
What I thought EQ2 was going to be at first.

The original models were inspired art, dated sure. Those new models were goofy. The Trolls and Ogres lost all their charm and everyone adopted that silly spread-legged model to ride a game breaking horse.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Mblake81; 12-04-2020 at 11:21 PM..
Old 12-04-2020, 11:16 PM
Banned

The EQ2 models at least had respectable animations, if a bit generic overall. The luclin model animations are just an abomination on every level
Old 12-05-2020, 09:02 AM
Banned

https://www.tor.com/2017/08/14/dd-il...s-of-all-time/

Old 12-05-2020, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Talking of Luclin models and shittyness...Iksars lost their flowy swim animation to the standard one everyone had, no tail movement :s
Old 12-05-2020, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a follow-up to the acquisition news, it turns out the acquisition revealed some fun information about Daybreak, including how many subscribers (or at least active accounts) EQ Live still has: sixty-six thousand.

If you're curious the article has the numbers from all the different Daybreak owned games, plus this fun graphic:

DDO had so much potential, but they took the original idea of an immersive dungeon crawl tabletop simulator and turned it into one of the original p2w games, super fail on their part. I'm sure the wales make it profitable and im not challenging their business model, just the actual gameplay itself.
Old 12-06-2020, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

New fun fact (didn't want to start yet another thread): Daybreak owns a license to make a Marvel game!

Apparently they have one last game in production, and no one knows whether it's the Marvel one or something else ... but honestly I kind of hope it's not a Marvel MMO.

Daybreak isn't exactly known for making the greatest games, so I suspect any sort of "City of Heroes wannabe" they might make would be a disappointment.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread