Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2021, 08:33 PM
Orc

Default Question About Green

Considering returning. How is the grouping scene right now for Green? Am I too late to start fresh?

Thank You For The Help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-27-2021, 09:59 PM
Kobold

It's as fine as time as any if you're going to start at some point in the next year. Sub 20s not many PUGs some night crushbone will have nobody in it. Unrest seems to always have 1 to 2 groups. Mid 40s+ more PUGS.

You missed the ship on the major population spike however there seems to be a few more on since the holidays.

You could start on either server and they'd each have pros and cons. If you were to start a group only type character (ie rogue) however it would be wise to start on green
Old 12-27-2021, 10:24 PM
Orc

Thank you ReoDobbs for that info [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-27-2021, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

If you start in the GFay area and see me nearby, send me a /tell and I can help you out!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-27-2021, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReoDobbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's as fine as time as any if you're going to start at some point in the next year. Sub 20s not many PUGs some night crushbone will have nobody in it. Unrest seems to always have 1 to 2 groups. Mid 40s+ more PUGS.

You missed the ship on the major population spike however there seems to be a few more on since the holidays.
This is such a foreign thing to read on P99 boards, sounds like TLP.
Old 12-28-2021, 12:52 AM
Orc

Thank you Yendor & Mblake
Old 12-28-2021, 10:21 AM
Large Bat

I've been playing evenings EST and am new to p99. :-P I'd love to get some awesome groups going!
Old 12-29-2021, 06:37 AM
Sarnak

I think the simple answer is your mileage may vary. My recent experience on Blue was that Crushbone was pretty empty, Unrest was hit or miss with finding groups, but since I've been in Mistmoore there's been full groups there every evening. I'm really enjoying myself, would not hesitate to start on either server.
Old 12-29-2021, 10:26 AM
Banned

both servers are in farm status tht doesnt mean there isn't classic eq to be had just dont expect ppl to go out of their way for u that said if u make friends u will have ppl who will hang w/ u even if ur a naked newbie
Old 12-29-2021, 03:13 PM
Orc

Comparing Green with beta or the first few months post-release:

A lot less players in the starting zones. Still some, though. Was able to have a handful of grouping experiences before 10.

High Pass does not have the huge orc/gnoll groups that it once had. High Keep is popular. Guk is about the same as it always was. A large amount of players in Unrest, and usually at least one group in Crushbone and Blackburrow. Lots of people farming and sometimes kill stealing the spiders in East Karana. Qeynos/Odus areas are pretty quiet most of the time. Oasis crocs have a group going all the time except off-hours.

Lots of free gear around. This makes the game easier than it used to be. Plus the removal of hybrid experience penalties.

No you are not too late, in the past month I leveled two characters up into the 20s. Lots of fun, but never going to be quite the same as classic. Most players are friendly and chill.

It would be cool if they started a new server from 0 and merged it after a few months, rinse and repeat. Then we could experience more of the early game. But it's pretty good.
Closed Thread