Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Orc

Default Finding Groups Question

Hello, new to the server and had a quick question on grouping. Are groups hard to find? I noticed server population is 700-800, and I am wagering half of those are 50+. Not sure if I play a group class (i.e. warrrior) if I a going to have a hard time finding a PU group later on. Any input is appreciated.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Aviak

You'd be surprised, I've played from 1-25 over the past couple of weeks and have found a healthy population of lower levels in Crushbone, Unrest, Befallen, Upper Guk etc. Outside of east coast evening time it's definitely been a lot thinner, but overall it doesn't have the low level graveyard feeling of live (or EQ2).
Old 08-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Kobold

I wonder why warriors are so hated on this server. When I played on live servers through luclin no one would take a hybrid over a Warrior for MT.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Kobold

Crushbone/Field of Bone/Kurns.

All have a nice pop. Spending alot of time in kurns at the mo.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Archie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are groups hard to find?
Groups are not hard to find. If you're expecting random invites every time you logon you came to the wrong place. You're making assumptions based on anecdotal evidence.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder why warriors are so hated on this server. When I played on live servers through luclin no one would take a hybrid over a Warrior for MT.
the reason being; warrior aggro on this server is rather fucked..
Old 08-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the reason being; warrior aggro on this server is rather fucked..
Is melee agro different than live servers? I am currently playing a cloth caster but plan on rolling an alt eventually(which I would prefer to be warrior).
Old 08-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Sarnak

SK's and Paladins, because of certain offensive spells, have a much easier time snapping and holding aggro than Warriors, but people who say Warriors are useless are doin it wrong.

Edit: oh but to answer the OP question, yes, groups are plentiful everywhere. The only place I have had difficulty with getting a group as any class is on the Qeynos side of the world, just because people flock to EC and Oasis for lowbie xp like the crowding sheep they are. /who all crushbone, /who all oasis, /who all souldunga and the like are invaluable in finding people to play with!
Last edited by Vermicelli; 08-17-2011 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: more info
Old 08-18-2011, 05:50 AM
Planar Protector

low lvl areas i.e 1-20 you should have no problem lvling, beyond that, people lvl in every 20-30, 30 -40 ect zone, but there are some hot spots that most in the lvl 20-30, 30-40 peeps lvl
Old 08-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Fire Giant

I would think as a tank, ench or cleric it should be fairly easy to find a group, especially 50+, right? If not form one!