Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 02:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm guildless and most of my leveling friends have quit. I never have an issue finding a group in seb. I think it's your class, not some elite conspiracy agenda.
Yeah, I suspect class perception is playing a roll also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't mean that as a general diss on necromancers, either. Just how the majority of eqers perceive them in group settings. It sucks cause I've seen some balling necros pulling off some neat utility tricks and great dps in groups.
Agree, it does suck. Because of how necros work with all the health/mana juggling and such, a well-played necro makes a strong group much stronger by a noticeable margin (but, I'm a little biased, lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is and always is and always has been hit or miss LFG in Seb. A big thing to consider is that moving around in Seb is difficult and people are lazy. That's where rogues shine, but there's often an over saturation of them when I'm there. Most groups can use 3 dps. Other roles are almost always a single slot in the group. If you're not needed to replace one of those single slots you're not getting invited. P99 mentality is 100% efficiency when you're dealing with experienced players.
I suspect you are correct as well. The one time I was able to get a group in Seb, was when I managed to go deeper into the dungeon and bump into a group that already had an open slot, but wasn't actively looking--likely due to it not being worth the trouble to clear a path to pick up someone LFG at the door.
Last edited by spectrefax; 11-29-2017 at 02:08 AM..
Old 11-29-2017, 02:21 AM
Orc

Definitely approach every group you see and ask if they need one more, even if you count 6 players. You never know, someone could be getting ready to leave, or decide to leave and say "hey guys you should take that necro" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-29-2017, 06:14 AM
Fire Giant

It’s a shame Sebilis is way, way overpacked with extremely desirable loot. You can’t walk 10 feet without some named dropping something good. If only they had spread some of that out to the other tragically under used zones like the Hole.

Anyways, because it’s so profitable people have a pretty clinical and soulless method to farming it. And they have been farming it for 7 years and they don’t have much patience for helping new people in my experience.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s a shame Sebilis is way, way overpacked with extremely desirable loot. You can’t walk 10 feet without some named dropping something good. If only they had spread some of that out to the other tragically under used zones like the Hole.

Anyways, because it’s so profitable people have a pretty clinical and soulless method to farming it. And they have been farming it for 7 years and they don’t have much patience for helping new people in my experience.
Yeah reading some of the replies here I feel embarrassed for the posters; hoping that they're early teens but knowing they're in fact adults.

If you think you're being "charitable" allowing someone into your group you're probably one of those people permanently planted in Seb denying others the ability to experience the content themselves.

If you don't want them in your group just say so, the lame excuse of "they might be lootwhores", " scrubs", "an RBG might drop and we might have to share it" is stupid.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:10 AM
Kobold

How to P99:

1. Decide what class you want to play
2. Start a Cleric, Enchanter or Shaman and level to 60
3. Make friends
4. Re-roll as the class you chose in Step 1
Closed Thread