Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Kobold

I'm assuming it's because this a relatively safe place to express whatever it is they're expressing. Otherwise, logically speaking, I'd expect them to say they're as comfortable dressing up as women irl for the same reasons they mention here.

But anytime I've ever asked (which I don't anymore) the most common reason is, "cuz dudes give girls free shit". Which seems a bit too deceptive for me to respect.

"Don't Ask Don't Tell" is a good policy here.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:33 PM
Kobold

I am male but play mostly female characters. My thinking goes... if I'm going to spend endless hours staring an an avatar, better it be something I like looking at. I have also noticed that players treat female avatars more nicely regardless of gender of the player.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

I originally named my ranger after my favorite wheel of time character, Birgitte. However that name was taken and I didn't want to have a totally bastardized version of the name. So I settled on Orna, but I kept the blonde hair. and the gender.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd104 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am male but play mostly female characters. My thinking goes... if I'm going to spend endless hours staring an an avatar, better it be something I like looking at. I have also noticed that players treat female avatars more nicely regardless of gender of the player.
I find myself liking both male and female avatars and it has nothing to do with my personal sexuality.

I view the pixels that form our toons as art, and really don't see the toons as any sort of real life representation of the player at all.

I never understood how people do this with pixelated avatars... Obviously that huge ogre in the game isn't in any way representing what the player looks like anymore than that cute little blonde wood elf with a tight little butt.

Still players seem to lose sight of reality here and find it easy to imagine a cute little avatar just might be in some way representing how the player really appears IRL.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:09 PM
Fire Giant

It's simple min/maxing really, female avatars have a much easier time getting help, groups, answers to questions, bind, sow, etc.

Also, watching 20 year old pixel ass fetishism & FashionQuest!!

Everybody who is trying to put more depth in the debate is a bit cringy lol come on guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] as HippoNipple said you can assume this here, you're in good company ><

Edit: obviously Dwarves are the only exception cause only male models can barrel roll and it's the only reason to play a dwarf.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:44 AM
Planar Protector

Some of the female models are differently sized to the males; has anyone found anywhere where perhaps a female can fit more easily than a male? Besides the psychosocial minmax (and the females are normally more visually apparent due to scarcity, making it easier to pick out main tanks, etc) factors, perhaps there is also an argument here for physical manouevability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously that huge ogre in the game isn't in any way representing what the player looks like
citation needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play both male and female (but never at the same time ofc)
You can play a character on red same time as blue, hun!
Old 12-02-2017, 10:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cybering? Man, you're really living like it is 1999, aren't you?
A/S/L?
Old 12-03-2017, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

citation needed.

You can play a character on red same time as blue, hun!
lol. ^

True both!
Old 12-03-2017, 11:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've always been one of those retards' that names their characters after (at the time) girlfriends.
So your characters are named Diamond, Lexus, and Savannah?
Old 12-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So your characters are named Diamond, Lexus, and Savannah?
You mean, ringfinger, pinkyfinger, thumb, lefthand, etc. don't you?
Closed Thread