Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-09-2017, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Default Humanoids (at least Priest of Discord) should equip armor / items given to them

I came across some posts on wayback machine mentioning how Priest of Discord was in weird gear and started doing some digging:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020106...h.shtml?id=970

Quote:
Posted @ Mon, Dec 3rd 12:28 AM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
Ive seen the PoD wearing many different things. Im not 100 percent sure if its from people though. I once saw him in FULL purple armor.. quite interesting. I was told he once dropped two ragebringers (no lie) though Im not sure he was telling me the truth or not =)
(NOTE: Obviously 'dropping' ragebringers is a clear lie since they are no drop)

Quote:
Posted @ Fri, Jul 20th 12:24 AM 2001 Score: Decent[2.50]
Ok heres some true info on the pod for you: 1.The POD does not change his clothes, it is done by people, he used to drop the stuff you gave him but that effect was nerfed and no npcs do that anymore. 2. The POD always drops two items no matter what: The robe of discord and the sash of discord, not fbr and staff of writhing they both nice items sell for about 2k each more because of rarity then stats would be worth about 400 if they werent so rare. 3. POD does not kos anyone he is of no factions so those of you that said you were "kosd" by the pod are lying 4. POD is around lvl 50 but is not nearly as good as many other npcs of his level enabaling 3 kelethin guards to kill him. 5. Finally, he can never be soloed, he has too high of a spell resistance, only way for anyone ever to be able to solo is for a rogue to use his assasinate disipline and work, and anyone who says they have charmed the pod or anything like that is giving bs because the Pod cant be charmed snared rooted mezzed feard or anything along those lines - Hopefully this will clear things up for you all - Aranis - 59th Paladin of Brell
Quote:
Posted @ Wed, Jul 18th 10:18 PM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
Im on Terris Thule and It is Rivervale that always has the PoD dressed up. Occasionally G-Fay, but always Rivervale. I wonder if its the Backround music that puts poeple in the state of mind that they just have to fool around. I feel the urge to go dressup the Freeport PoD as I speak, I still have that shovel I got from Flippy Miller!!,
Quote:
Posted @ Mon, Jul 16th 11:55 PM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
I know I know he isnt a monk and its just what he is wearing but....I saw him with fighting baton Essance of dol the monk newbie shirt looking shirt and white pants.RiverVale is the most used place for dressing the PoD on Karana at least i my self have never seen the REAL PoD look in Rivervale..... Karana's Rivervale anyway.Also he isnt a human always...... the Barbarian PoD is a Barbarian.....
(Interesting about PoD in Halas being a barbarian, is this the case on P99? But I digress...)

So from this we can conclude that just handing an item (charm not required as POD cannot be charmed) will force the Priest of Discord to equip it (visual texture only, items will be 'eaten').

I scoured the web for some evidence of him being equipped with items and lo and behold it is TRUE!
http://bloodwolf.org/~rulnak/Picture...SadoPriest.jpg
(page last modified 07/09/2000)
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://bloodwolf.org/~rulnak/Picture..._new_twink.jpg
(page last modified 11/20/2000)

http://bloodwolf.org/~rulnak/Pictures/Funnies/YMCA.jpg
(page last modified 01/23/2000)

So perhaps this is just the PoD that had some buggy code that let you equip these items onto him, I don't recall seeing this on a lot of mobs in era on live to be honest (not like people liked destroyed gear though instead of selling it).

I would think that all humanoids would be able to equip, except for special humanoids with custom armors / graphics such as guards and vendors.

I urge you to PLEASE institute this change and let the FashionQuesters change the face of Norrath... we'll make it look FABULOUS!!
Old 11-09-2017, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

This was a deliberate change at some point in p99's history but I don't remember the reason...but I think it's known that it is classic.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 11-09-2017, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was a deliberate change at some point in p99's history but I don't remember the reason...but I think it's known that it is classic.
Do not break my heart with this crazy talk!

Have any links? I did some searches in bug forums and resolved issues and such but only saw references to gear given to charmed pets and using weapons / gear stats (and no visual change to armor textures), nothing about being able to give items, show the visual texture, and have them be eaten.

At the very least allow this mechanic to function with the Priest of Discord!!

Hopefully at the point in server history where this non-classic change you mention was implemented it was simply because bigger fish were there to fry (Kunark, Velious, etc).

Any dev feedback if this could still be on the table?
Old 11-09-2017, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

I can't think of any reason he shouldn't equip gear. On P99 the coding requires a mob be charmed for it to drop the gear he equips. Since you can't charm the PoD you wouldn't have any issues with transferring items.

In fact on Live right now PoDs accept and wield no drop items too. People regularly give him the Seru Sword of Truth to wield.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

We used to do this to the Rock in SolB from the bronze that dropped from nobles. I'm pretty sure it still works.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 11-09-2017, 02:18 PM
Banned

Way back in 2000 or 2001 you could give a quad attacking like Brother Z a 2h staff and now he can only double attack.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Way back in 2000 or 2001 you could give a quad attacking like Brother Z a 2h staff and now he can only double attack.
On that topic GMs said it was classic but uninted bug that they do not intend to allow here. Fashion PoD seems interesting, nice pics.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We used to do this to the Rock in SolB from the bronze that dropped from nobles. I'm pretty sure it still works.
Are you saying you did this on Live or P99? On P99 I remember trying to hand Raster a minotaur horn cause the guide stated he wouldn't be able to dual wield as a result, but it never showed up in his hand.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you saying you did this on Live or P99? On P99 I remember trying to hand Raster a minotaur horn cause the guide stated he wouldn't be able to dual wield as a result, but it never showed up in his hand.
P99.

If you want we can do nobles and I will show you.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 11-09-2017, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99.

If you want we can do nobles and I will show you.
Well, part of the problem is I can't log onto P99 right now, I had recalled from memory (my raster experience) that this didn't work. So are you simply handing the items and they equip the gear? No charm needed?

If so, and that works for all humanoids, then this was just a bad post and can be resolved. Sorn seemed to say earlier this wasn't working, I always thought charm was needed on P99.

Can you verify handing some kind of Bronze BP to priest of discord and seeing if he equips it?