Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 11-05-2021, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Gold exists.
Bitcoin is only a thing if everyone believes in it.
Gold exists.
USD is only a thing if everyone believes in it.

P.S. Not everyone believes in Bitcoin, but it's a thing. Similarly, not everyone believes in AAPL, TSLA, or USD.

People believe in USD because the US military and US historic economic dominance.

People believe in BTC because math. Cryptographically provable immutability, scarcity and ownership.

Quote:
My bookstore exists.
Amazon is only a thing if everyone believes in it.
Imagine having the opportunity to own an 'internet coin' or a 'phone coin' where you had some ownership of the future layer of massive societal interaction.

You do. You can think of it as 'currency coin' or 'value coin' or 'finance coin.' It's called bitcoin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoofers
Company 1: "Hey guys, here's a really slow modem that you can make faster by purchasing another add-on which of course means there's another point of failure"

Company 2: "Hey guys, here's a really fast modem that works out of the box"

Tough decision
Speed = wealth

Company 1: "Our modem makes your internet speed faster year-on-year."
Company 2: "Our modem makes your internet speed slower year-on-year. We target 2%, but sometimes it's 5% or more slower than the previous year."

Tough decision. Doesn't matter though, "this internet thing is a big sham." "It will be banned in every first world country." "It's too slow." "There is no content." "TV is more interesting." "Only nerds use it."

History doesn't repeat, but it sure does rhyme.

Shocking how blind people are.
  • Try sending $1B in fiat currency. Think you can do it in 10 minutes? Hahaha, welcome to the modern banking system -- oh, and we're not open on weekends, lol.
  • How often does a billionaire want to wire millions of dollars? When they do, do they need it to be done faster than 10 minutes?
  • Hold your wealth in bitcoin, convert into USD every week or month for your daily spending money. Is this so hard to understand?

I've lived many years abroad. Anyone with any kind of wealth in their home country will keep the majority of their wealth there and pull out what they need in the foreign country they live in. This isn't a new concept.

I'd rather hold USD than Brazilian real or RMB, but I'll convert some if I need the cash while living abroad.

Quote:
No coin without a hard cap on set total quantity will ever be goodcoin.

Thats for sure.
Facts. Ethereum and many other coins are just that. Ethereum is interesting and they brought in some great tech the rest of the blockchain world is starting to use, but it sucks as a currency or store of value. No supply limit and moving to proof-of-stake. It'll be status quo monetary policy but on the blockchain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezz_gqIWYAA7GPC.jpg (55.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-06-2021, 07:45 AM
Planar Protector

Imagine how rich and how many pixels you could have at the same time.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 11-06-2021 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: qu
Old 11-06-2021, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

What companies and ETF's did Nancy Pelosi's husband invest in today?

Probably smart to match them.
Old 11-06-2021, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Haters got silenced
Old 11-06-2021, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haters got silenced
i want bitcoin to succeed. in fact can u hurry it up

all the money i put into every crypto except bitcoin is waiting for you boomers
Old 11-07-2021, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

HNT broke $50. Chillin low 40's now.

Remember when I told you to buy on August 2, 2021 when it was $13 -- first post in this thread?

#NotFinancialAdvice
Old 11-08-2021, 02:52 AM
Fire Giant

Any new pickups? Too late to buy HNT etc from your OP? I want to get into some stuff
Old 11-08-2021, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any new pickups? Too late to buy HNT etc from your OP? I want to get into some stuff
https://www.dextools.io/app/bsc/pair...e3f9547e9104dc

edit: do not buy lord edge coin
Last edited by Jibartik; 11-08-2021 at 11:48 AM..
Old 11-08-2021, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Safest bet is buy BTC, write down your seed phrase or private key on 2-3 separate pieces of paper, laminate, store in different physical locations, or if at home at least store in a fire-proof safe, and don't look at it and try not to think about it until 2024.

This is not financial advice. But if I ever were to give financial advice, this would be the most sound, most fool-proof.

I think all the coins I listed have a great future, but how much will they go up and by when? Who knows. Look at fundamentals. What problem are they actually solving? How do they provide value? Who is behind it? etc.

FLUX was one I was looking at since $0.30. Decentralized internet. Very cool idea. Now $1.50 or so, kinda missed that boat... but is there another boat at the dock to go from $1.50 to $15? Very possible if ICP's price can tell us anything (tried doing the same thing, falling though as FLUX rises.)

BTC dominance is real. If BTC goes to $100k, HNT likely to $100, and likely to see 8K+ ETH too. Personally, I don't like ETH as a project, but it's profitable to mine. XCH is very much a long-term play. They are about to announce a HUGE announcement. They will be the blockchain the World Bank runs their World Bank Group Climate Warehouse on... so... that'll be yuge.

See https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/vi...mate-warehouse for explanation of what it is

Bull run likely to last til Jan/Feb of 2022.

As always, I am just one hypomanic, aut-weaponized misunderstand memester who roleplays an obnoxious neckbeard to act out a message few seem to be picking up, so uh...DYOR - do your own research.
Old 11-08-2021, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

99% of crypto is probably going away.

Holding a security instead of a currency speaks volumes to what is planned next.

The infrastructure bill the house just passed with rules and regulations for cryptocurrency reporting is a game changer.
They are classifying digital assets as securities.

Brad Garlinghouse gave some warnings himself which were largely ignored.

There are people sitting at the table with the government, regulators, the biggest banks in finanical institutions.

These Lobbiest are already interfering and will continue to interfere.
See plans Even worse planned effective changes on Crypto Trades in 2023, Tax Filings in 2024*

Cash out and stay out else regret it. Before the Rush and your the one left with the empty bag.

Cryptocurrency exchanges have not previously been required to provide reports to their customers (like traditional brokers do), many taxpayers unknowingly failed to report their capital gains from cryptocurrencies, thus cheating the U.S. government out of tax income.*

Get out. There is no safety net on this Janga block chain tower that is about to fall.

https://www.voltequity.com/post/new-...structure-bill
Last edited by Botten; 11-08-2021 at 01:32 PM..