Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Mechanics

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

it didnt even matter if you had all people on dragon facton. if the door was opened while you were fighting in HoT near the door, you would pull agro from the drakes outside. My guild was all dragon faction and we still got wiped when people forgot protocol and opened the door mid fight

it was standard practice on my server on live to /ooc safe to open door?
and you didnt open it till given the all clear
Old 07-17-2015, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Bumping from the depths.

We had mobs aggro through doors again. Is there anything possible that could be done to make the door objects themselves block LoS aggro and swing with the door as it opens, to allow for LoS aggro?

I will get extremely immersed if we wipe because someone misclicks a door in HoT or some random CoV friendly person is walking around opening doors.

This should be the case for all doors in ToV. Nothing should aggro through them.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

The griefing potential here is huge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We're going to need to do something more than just fixing door LOS
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

I'd prefer to have the underlying issue fixed and then consider how we will handle the grieving thing as a player base. It's limited mainly to creeping around Iktaiar/Eashen area and HoTesting break in / crawling mainly. I don't see too much griefing happening in these areas though, mostly just mistakes leading to wipes
Old 07-17-2015, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see too much griefing happening in these areas though, mostly just mistakes leading to wipes
Is that the fundamental basis for intentional griefing on p99?
Old 07-17-2015, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Uh, no. I was just saying the more likely scenario is random applicant A clicks on a door and aggro mobs behind the door because he didn't know better.

That sort of scenario would happen far more than an evil dragon allied person opening doors to cause aggro on others - which if it became common enough I'm sure the GMs would do something about.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:04 AM
Fire Giant

ITK would aggro through the door sometimes when running a CoV aligned player for CoH to North.

No idea what caused it though - sometimes he would, sometimes he wouldn't.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. I need to tackle doors again. I need to add dynamic objects in the los code. Tie them to doors. Thats it pretty much. Previous estimates are abt 20 hrs to code.

I almost have npc/pc collisions working for bolts. Doors are next.

H
Did this ever get implemented?
Closed Thread