Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm surprised that live didn't model their servers after a known popular success.
That would be them admitting, more than they are now, that their model of pumping out expansion after expansion after expansion is a failure. (And it is...)

They wouldn't do that.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

not necessarily ... they could provide a "classic" server and just make it like it was back then ...

i think after this, or maybe 1 more progression server, they will finaly realise ... its not the progression whats drawing people, its reliving the "classic" content, the "classic" way ...

i for one would love SoE hiering nilbog & co. to make "Project 1999" an official SoE product, i would even pay for that (donations hai) and im sure many others would ... of course it would require a spin off patcher etc. and probably its own login server ... but they already did that for macs, why not do this for "classic" ...
Old 02-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

gnarf sent too early ... F no edit

it would be realy cool, since it would allow bug fixes / changes on the client side also ...
Old 02-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Aviak

You know that could be their intentions. Like the whole reason their legal team hasn't hassled anyone over here yet. I mean I know its legal, but a lot of times companies like that press the envelope and try to muscle the little guy out.

Who knows , maybe they are just letting these guys do all the work for them and waiting for the right time hah.

Personally its fine with me, as long as they get compensated for their efforts, and I get to enjoy a quality game rather than their bullshit.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its already hard enough to get a decent area to fight here at any hour...not sure why the devs want all these new players here unless they are planning to open a second server or greatly increase capacity here. I'd say we have a good population now, but if it gets much more crowded, people are gonna have to wait in line for every camp in the game, and that's never a good thing for any game.
At one point the population of this server will start to decrease slowly, and one time the server will be dead...like any mmo server. The more people we get here while the number is increasing the longer it goes until its empty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And with kunark open 1-1.5k peak times is ok
Old 02-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Kobold

lol the day Kunark comes out there will be over 2500 people online!!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:54 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic
Longbow of the Ocean Ornament
(4$)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni D
i like the look of this Mitic better!
I dunno, he kinda looks like Hulk Hogan :/
Old 02-17-2011, 07:02 AM
Banned

I rolled a bard and took around 5 hours to get to level 4... I figured out that there was no point in leveling seeing as once I get higher levels there won't be anyone to play with do to the huge number of soloable casters and monks. Saw a lvl 4 Mage in a noob zone with his air pet on agro and he was afk leveling on yellows...
Old 02-17-2011, 09:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually very true. I hope you're ready to break and sustain well over 1000 at peak hours p99.
Makes me glad I play in the offest of off hours. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wolfang: Human Monk

Estolcles: Human Paladin
*Thread postings and responses are 99.9999% of the time not representing the thoughts and beliefs of Europa, including any/all of it's members and officers.

"You chicken chokin' pecker puke!" ~Terry Funk
Old 02-17-2011, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

I believe it was the intention of the devs here to run the server, but eventually to redo the server, so they actually have a chance to play on it themselves.

Mitic, are you spending money on live?! :O you scumbag!

also, does /claim work on live? because i have a shit load of random LoN stuff i could use [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Aspect of the brood ftw!

I enchant things...
Closed Thread