Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 03:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red is great for leveling. It is fast and there are ways to find people for groups. Red just sucks for long term. Raiding gets boring, there is no competition and the server rules favor zerging. There will never be a real second raiding guild and there is nothing at end game for people to do besides farm empty zones or log in and raid the same content every week. There is room for 1 second tier guild and they have to not even step foot in areas the number 1 guild is in. You can farm Kunark or crap Velious content.

TMO was successful on Blue. They went to red, got zerged and quit. There is nothing a competing guild can do to overthrow the number 1 guild and it isn't like blue where you can have several top guilds splitting top targets. The top guild can ruin your entire raid force and not allow them to loot their characters for a weekend if they want. The zerg guild has no consequence for throwing 40-60 crap members at a force of 20 people. Dieing means nothing, it is just a waste of time.
I actually wouldnt mind farming and making new alts... However, if you think the blue economy is stagnant right now you should see red server... good luck to anyone ever making deals over there.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but made a new forum account for red server (probably to hide the fact their main account is also red sever), and then the very next post is from someone on red server applauding the OP for his courageous attempt to try the red server...
If you're saying that I'm OP you're wrong. I may forum quest but I don't have time to play anon alt games.

I genuinely think P99 RED is a great server and there are people who are missing out just because they don't give it a try.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-16-2017 at 03:54 PM..
Old 10-16-2017, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're saying that I'm OP you're wrong. I may forum quest but I don't have time to play anon alt games.

I genuinely think P99 RED is a great server and there are people who are missing out just because they don't give it a try.
It is good for a very niche player that is interested in PvE pixels only. It is awful for community and PvP. There aren't multiple end game guilds, an economy, or anything meaningful that a MMO is supposed to provide.

The server is just there to blow through content and kill bosses you can't kill for competitive reasons on real servers.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxhub11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all,

but most of all what piqued my interest was the community request to "Give Red a Try"...

So I did. From my perspective, I couldn't be happier.
Thanks for your honest and accurate assessment of red.

If anyone else wants to give red a try feel free to send a tell to any APEX member for assistance with starter gear, plat, ports, etc.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for your honest and accurate assessment of red.

If anyone else wants to give red a try feel free to send a tell to any APEX member for assistance with starter gear, plat, ports, etc.
The end game guild truly does want more people. Everyone playing on Red wants more people because the server unites as one to down content and they are always looking to replenish active raiders. You can view that as a good thing or a sick pathetic thing but if you are looking for someone to hold your hand and drag you to 60 you will get it on Red. They need people to log in and help raid that have 0 DKP to help get more gear for current members.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They need people to log in and help raid that have 0 DKP to help get more gear for current members.
Sign me up for free slave labor
Old 10-16-2017, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It is good for a very niche player that is interested in PvE pixels only. It is awful for community and PvP.
But most of the real jerks and cheaters have been banned. So similar to blue. It's better than it's ever been. Just sayin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Cylock; 10-17-2017 at 01:14 PM..
Old 10-16-2017, 04:22 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But most of the real jerks and cheaters have been banned.
Truth

Cylock the Halfing Slayer
Old 10-16-2017, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
But most of the real jerks bags and cheaters have been banned. So similar to blue. It's better than it's ever been. Just sayin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not talking about quality of people playing. I'm talking about a system that allows for more than 1 guild with similar competitive goals, trading, choices on where to level up, etc. There is no personality to the server. You join the 1 leveling guild and then transition to the 1 raiding guild.

I'm sure the guy that has been trying to buy a totemic helm for 3 weeks wouldn't mind buying it from the "douche bags" you speak of.

I know there are people that give away crap to low levels because there is no economy anyways, making low to mid level gear useless, but if you want to buy something specific you are out of luck. If you want to farm stuff to build up plat, you are out of luck, unless you can farm end game content.
Last edited by Cylock; 10-17-2017 at 01:14 PM..
Old 10-16-2017, 04:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Nah, im not saying that.

I'm saying some random guy who probably already plays on red made a new account to advocate for the red server, and then the next person to actually reply was a red server player (not that you are the same person).
Closed Thread