Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 02:22 AM
Skeleton

Cool Change making for evil dudes

I'm an Iksar SK. I'm at a nice leveling spot near Steamfont Mountains and I can vendor at the druid ring. Only problem is: the only item that can convert gold into plat is a spell that buys for 8plat and sells for 3 plat. A gigantic loss. I can't get my gems to show up on the vendor list either. How can I make an item with a close buy price/sell price over 1 plat (like a cracked staff) appear on the vendor's list? My pearls don't work: they sell, but don't show on the list. What governs whether an item appears on the vendor's inventory?
PS: I'm drunk, so explain it to me like I'm 5 (and drunk)
Old 12-30-2018, 02:51 AM
Aviak

There are only a certain amount of slots a vendor has. All druid ring merchants will be full.
Old 12-30-2018, 04:18 AM
Planar Protector

Aside from "mining" the vendor, as in buying all stock of visible items to see what else appears... there's nothing you can do, and this is expensive a lot of the time.

Best bet is to find a local gnome to trade with who's running to the bank or can buy you some food/water with the copper/silver you've got ^^

(or try the Butcherblock druid ring, but likely that's the same scenario)
Old 12-30-2018, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Anyone can use the Felwithe bank by invis'ing inside and clicking the banker from behind a wall / line of sight. Not sure about the Ak'anon bank, but you could check it out too.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone can use the Felwithe bank by invis'ing inside and clicking the banker from behind a wall / line of sight. Not sure about the Ak'anon bank, but you could check it out too.
Kelethin too. There's a little window you can click the banker through. Don't even have to invis if you can sneak around the patrolling guards.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:48 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aside from "mining" the vendor, as in buying all stock of visible items to see what else appears... there's nothing you can do, and this is expensive a lot of the time.

Best bet is to find a local gnome to trade with who's running to the bank or can buy you some food/water with the copper/silver you've got ^^

(or try the Butcherblock druid ring, but likely that's the same scenario)
I tried mining the BB ring vendor and figured it out: buying all the stock of an item takes it off the visible stock. Selling it back puts it on the bottom of the list with the "invisible stock" that the vendor has but that players can't buy. So by buying rusty weapons and rat meat in whole lots and selling them back, you can cycle through the vendor's inventory until you find a changemaker. I found a stock of jades.

Thank you for the advice!
Old 12-30-2018, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Thought this was going to be a political post based on the title.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-30-2018, 05:03 PM
Banned

Go to Felwithe bank a zone over. Ezp Peezy.
Closed Thread