Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senescant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. I'll even write the sentence.

When Shady and Angry Goblins spawn, players will have 1 minute to /rand 1000 and when the minute is up the winner will turn in their quest pieces. Anyone found to not be cooperating with this rule will be dealt with.

Two sentences. Norrath is a better place.
Thats not classic and like every other "rule" on this server, creates a rabbit hole argument.

Player made is player made. if someone fucks up, then its their reputation thats damaged. if thats not enough to deter the behavior, then the community is the problem
Old 02-13-2019, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

Only 1 person didn't agree with rolling and because of that people were afraid that if they rolled you'd just hand it in, Kelz. If you'd like logs of that please let me know.

And only 1 person QQ'd about my silly shenanigans. Everyone else was having a good time.

Also, I don't recall any of my tells being harassing in nature, but if you found them to be so then I'm sorry for that. Most of my tells were on the order of "hey, would you be willing to roll if everyone else is" and everyone else responded with an affirmative. I was only trying to bring some order, civility and fairness to this new quest so that people don't have to a) cheat or b) be hindered by their cross Atlantic/Pacific internet.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good try Lol

Lets talk about how you was summoning pets in the turn in spawn point.
Lets talk about how you were trying to open trades with people in the turn in.
Lets talk about how you were casting levitate multiple times levitate on the people to force them to be position moved.
Lets talk about how you was basically a harassing A for hours, just because multiple people didnt agree with your opinion.

Good try [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

When the event becomes a roll, as Scout did after so long, I will gladly roll.
I will not simply let a trolly nobody attempt to harass me or other people, during the window of an event just because he or his guild believes that behaviour is correct. Make it properly, and once it gets a official call, people will respect it, meanwhile refrain from doing those shady illegal behaviours posted up there and of course of sending tells for hours harassing people with scumbagery.

Have a great day <3
Everyone on the server except you is willing to roll. Only a sociopath could see that and be like "no, what I'm doing is ok".

But as Azeth said, it all comes down to your reputation. I'm telling everyone in EC about you (and hopefully others will too), everyone who reads this thread knows about you, so pretty soon you'll learn that playing by yourself in a MMOG isn't that fun ... but unlike the rest of us you'll have to wait until that is forced on to you, rather than realizing your reputation matters before losing it.

And of course I'm not trying to say the whole server population will magically learn your name. You'll still get some ports and groups and such. But you'll also have lots of people turn you down because of your rep, and for me personally that really doesn't seem like a good trade for getting some stupid ring upgrade a few weeks before you otherwise would if you had just rolled like everyone else.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-13-2019 at 02:17 PM..
Old 02-13-2019, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Haha but with Kelz its like do i want superman on my raid/in my group even if he was a jerk one time?

"hey superman? yea lf1m at camp XYZ"
Old 02-13-2019, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

God his scumbag reply...

Just roll dude, jeez
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha but with Kelz its like do i want superman on my raid/in my group even if he was a jerk one time?

"hey superman? yea lf1m at camp XYZ"
/shrug some people might. But I'm willing to bet that a lot of people on this server will pass on the anti-social asshole who has proved they'll happily screw over the rest of the server for some pixels. I mean having a guy with good gear is great ... up until they ninja loot something awesome. Kelz has shown they're exactly the type of person who would do that, and I personally wouldn't invite such a person to my group no matter what they're gear is.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...creates a rabbit hole argument.

Player made is player made. if someone fucks up, then its their reputation thats damaged.
Except it just comes to the forums as a bunch of lies and arguing anyways. Just mandate a roll officially and avoid all that. It's silly to avoid implementing a rule that already has a precedent and reduces toxicity just because of some hypothetical stuff. It's the better solution, proposed by people who don't want to cheat and argue.

What even is a damaged reputation on P99? Isn't success here directly proportional to how terrible of a person you are?

Quote:
the community is the problem
This isn't wrong, but what is the community going to do? Toxic_Player can run around and do this stuff all day with no repercussions. Community can't make it a roll because of Toxic_Player, community can get physically trolled by Toxic_Player, and they still get to show up and do it the next day. Rules, unfortunately, are needed in 2019-era EQ because everyone sucks.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

If people agrees to roll, in a some kind of official form of course I will roll rofl.

But dont pretend to change rules of events while they are happening and people is not even agreeing to it, it just not works like that.

Telling lies and half-truths is very easy.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If people agrees to roll, in a some kind of official form of course I will roll rofl.

But dont pretend to change rules of events while they are happening and people is not even agreeing to it, it just not works like that.

Telling lies and half-truths is very easy.
People DID agree to a roll. Everyone, in fact, except you. That's kind of the entire topic of discussion in this thread ...

Old 02-13-2019, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People DID agree to a roll. Everyone, in fact, except you. That's kind of the entire topic of discussion in this thread ...
Thats just not truth.

Kakao, <AG> disagreed openly.
Everyone else, this not disagree but was for HOURS in position of turn in.

So what do you expect from people? Make choices during the events happening? Make them choices while 90% of the people is not even following the supposedly majority?
Make decissions when there is not even clue about the real window of the event?

There is so many variables, which should be debated, but not in game, but not while the mob is supposedly in window.

And I bet thats why EVERY single one person was there with the click ready to go.

Without a clear system there won´t be a clear reaction. Things are pretty simple, but needs to be adressed, in the PROPER way.