Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
you can iterate through all the entries until EOF is hit
Unfortunately it won't be that easy. The file contains all spell effects and only some of them are supposed to act in this manner. Also, the names don't match up in any meaningful way to the spells so its hard to find which should be modified.

Its likely the file will need to be hand edited to get each "type" of spell like healing, shielding, frost nukes, etc to work correctly and then the file will be included in a future patch.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Furinex

If you find the offset for healing, let me know, thats the one that pisses me off the most hahaha
Old 04-28-2013, 10:14 PM
Fire Giant

Sure, I fixed it. Identified particle file as spela2.tga. Replaced half of the instances of this string in the file with a different particle name. Checked if it changed spell to different particle, repeated until I identified which effect was used by healing spells.

Identified as VengeanceV2 S1-1 at least for level 1 Minor Healing.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Strangely this spell had 00 00 in the offsets where the previous spell had FA C2. Changing this to FA C4 which fixed the shielding spells causes the effect to go backwards from the hands. Changing it to FA C5 looks the same as the shielding spell with FA C4.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If someone will compile a list of spells that are supposed to have effects like this I will fix them. Currently we have:

Shielding spells
Healing spells
Frost nukes
Bard "Chant of Battle" type effect

What else is missing?
Last edited by azxten; 04-28-2013 at 10:17 PM..
Old 04-28-2013, 10:38 PM
Sarnak

Well, I can tell you that the Fire based mage DS doesnt go up, but it doesnt come out either, its static, to the hands.
SOW and STR buffs, feel like a cat line of spells

EDIT: Something I noticed. I know you were talking about velocity earlier. Im not a total newb.... but... I fixed the aegolism buff for all 3 versions (Green, orange, blue) and watched a few people cast a spell. This worked great, however, I noticed that the blue particles are not showing. And I thought about this for a moment, and i remembered, its because the blue particles, in classic, were "Heavier", and fell to the ground faster, or had less velocity. Just a thought.
Last edited by Furinex; 04-28-2013 at 10:50 PM..
Old 04-28-2013, 10:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furinex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, I can tell you that the Fire based mage DS doesnt go up, but it doesnt come out either, its static, to the hands.

EDIT: Something I noticed. I know you were talking about velocity earlier. Im not a total newb.... but... I fixed the aegolism buff for all 3 versions (Green, orange, blue) and watched a few people cast a spell. This worked great, however, I noticed that the blue particles are not showing. And I thought about this for a moment, and i remembered, its because the blue particles, in classic, were "Heavier", and fell to the ground faster, or had less velocity. Just a thought.
Ok, I was able to recreate a "glowing hands" effect when I was testing before. I was also able to make particles "fall" as if due to gravity by changing another value.

I was also able to make the shielding spell release a group of about 1,000 particles that floated up into the air together and then "exploded" like a firework. I doubt thats as useful though. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm going to make a Server Chat thread for more feedback.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:57 PM
Sarnak

This is all really great work, I do agree that we need to compile a list of spell effects that are unique.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Sarnak

So... Something interesting. I took your healing spell offset and fucked it up. Ended up changing the line above it but what happened was.. It casted and it looked like it was casting 100x in one cast. I lagged. With a gtx 690. Funny... We could prolly do some cool stuff with this.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately it won't be that easy. The file contains all spell effects and only some of them are supposed to act in this manner. Also, the names don't match up in any meaningful way to the spells so its hard to find which should be modified.

Its likely the file will need to be hand edited to get each "type" of spell like healing, shielding, frost nukes, etc to work correctly and then the file will be included in a future patch.
I would map out the file in a program such as 010 editor. The spells are mapped out by ID, im pretty sure, which the spell file references. It's in the file somewhere although I can't remember where exactly. Each spells in spells_us.txt references this ID.

If you can identify this ID byte, it would be easy to figure out the rest of the puzzle, as you could update spells by ID and make a program to either string compare, ID fix, or even add a new entry to the file via structures. The byte is actually a DWORD, byte just sounds cooler.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Banned

big things in here
Old 04-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_gnoll_pup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would map out the file in a program such as 010 editor. The spells are mapped out by ID, im pretty sure, which the spell file references. It's in the file somewhere although I can't remember where exactly. Each spells in spells_us.txt references this ID.

If you can identify this ID byte, it would be easy to figure out the rest of the puzzle, as you could update spells by ID and make a program to either string compare, ID fix, or even add a new entry to the file via structures. The byte is actually a DWORD, byte just sounds cooler.
Thanks for the info, I'll look into it.
Closed Thread