Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-16-2014, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevoh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tigers, Raptors, Sarnaks, Faster than SOW
I don't think sarnaks have been changed. You maybe just grabbed on that was sowed by a caster.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:40 AM
Kobold

for sure.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevoh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tigers, Raptors, Sarnaks, Faster than SOW
Sarnak probably sowed as noted by others.

Can add some old-world mobs too that are now same speed as JBoots (have to strafe with JBoots to stay ahead of 'em). Only tested these in SK & EK, and did not test every mob of a given model:

Centaurs, Griffs (assume Grimfeather is still at his ~ L30ish SoW speed, did not commit suicide with my alt to check), & Wolves. Did not test bears and cats as all were green and I was trying to level the alt.

The centaur speed might be :classic:, I honestly cannot recall (never killed 'em much.)

On live, old-world griffs other than Grimfeather definitely could be outrun by strafing, or just running with well timed jumps, without a runspeed buff. I would have sufferred many additional deaths on several characters if they were as fast then as they are here, I never had JBoots on any live toon until after PoP released.

The same is true of wolves (and bears and cats), I successfully made a lot of desperate long runs to various zonelines without benefit of a runspeed buff back on live. In the original game I did this using well-timed jumps to get a little extra distance, since mobs in pursuit mode were slightly faster than PC runspeed.

I learned about strafe-running after Kunark released when some guy showed it to me while I was soloing (with a warrior, lol) in LoIO. Strafe running was quite adequate to flee non-sowed mobs there/then (i.e. including the grimalkins/tigers).
Old 07-16-2014, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

strafe running is just enough to stay ahead of a mob so when it stops to swing you get ahead enough to be out of range.

run speed has always been screwy on p99 mobs are just a little too fast here.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

this thread needs a bump, raptor run speed is far too high
Old 07-29-2014, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

I tried to do raptors and even snared and starting to cast at MAX spell casting range they on me before I can get a cast off. I done these years ago on live and did not remember any complications. So to see if I was right or wrong I logged my live druid on and tested raptors. They are definately bugged. Snared run speed on p99 it's prob 2-2.5 times faster than what it should be. With p99's dedication to things being classic, this needs to be fixed. And before someone replies with "oh maybe it was like that in Kunark, but changed in velious" I have posts from late 2000 to early 2001 with druids talking about running OOM on them at my Lvl but using a Lumi staff to finish them off. Lumi staff is a 10 sec cast time btw. With me not even being able to get a 6 sec cast off on p99, you can sure as hell forget about using a Lumi Staff. Any ETA on a fix?

If any GM's want proof I will be happy to do a screen capture for you via skype
Last edited by Speedi; 07-29-2014 at 11:47 AM..
Old 07-29-2014, 02:00 PM
Project Manager

Haynar provided a sql fix for this a while ago. It should go in with the next patch.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Any ETA on when this patch will go in?
Old 08-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Fire Giant

bump
Old 10-31-2014, 09:58 AM
Banned

Did this ever happen? I think I tried sometime back in September on red99 and they were still stupid fast.