Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Mechanics

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 09:16 PM
Banned

Default Ogre frontal stun immunity lost if you use Amulet of Necropotence

Hello,

Currently, if you are an ogre and you use an illusion (dark elf mask, AON, illusion pot) you lose your frontal stun immunity. Trolls and iksars do not suffer when they use an illusion as they keep their race innate regeneration abilities.

Anybody else agree ogres should have their frontal stun immunity when in illusion form? I remember it being this way on live. No solid prof tho.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:17 PM
Banned

Tatami (ogre warrior in peacebreakers) used his Dark Elf illusion all the time to tank
Old 01-19-2015, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

pretty sure DE illusion does NOT remove fonrtal stun on p99
Old 01-20-2015, 12:50 AM
Fire Giant

Pretty sure it should though.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:06 PM
Banned

troll illusion does give hp regen

I think large race illusions also give/should give slam? Prob not confused thinkin bout dat 1
Old 01-23-2015, 04:57 AM
Sarnak

Ogre stun immunity is maintained through dark elf illusion.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

This got me thinking... remember the people who made corpses, typically monks, warriors, & shamen, then deleted their characters, rerolled Iksar with same name and looted the corpses? Guise lowered your client AC. I believe the ability to do this was nerfed.

I still remember fighting a sonic bat in SolB, dinging 50 from group exp, and BAM, machine gun fists.

As I recall from parses, Iksars had far greater avoidance - bash still interrupted shamen for example, but Iksar were hit by far less bashes. That said, being an Iksar was more important on small group scale - everything was beaten with any race tank. Yet, my near perfect-gear Shadowknight got taken to the woodshed by Velketor or Eashan. I wanted to believe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by eisley; 01-26-2015 at 11:46 AM..
Old 01-26-2015, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
troll illusion does give hp regen

I think large race illusions also give/should give slam? Prob not confused thinkin bout dat 1
To clarify, using Troll: Illusion only gives you +1 hp/tic in regeneration. And yes, it also gives the Slam ability.

Currently, Ogres are retaining Frontal Stun Immunity through illusions. However, I am not sure that this was how it was in classic. Can anyone confirm?
Old 01-26-2015, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for posting what we already know. Need proof that this was how it was in classic.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

No, you need proof it is nonclassic, not vice versa. Burden of proof on changing it if you want to see change implemented.

As Metallikus stated, unless anyone cites incident of it not working as he described, it is currently working as it did in classic. So he isn't saying naything needs changing or is broken.

Original post claims Ogres using illusions are losing frontal stun immunity. This would be non classic and need correction and possibly need proof though I think enough Ogres used illusions to just debunk that being classic by recollection, and the mechanics similarly do not apply to other racials, per troll/iksar innate regen not being removed in dark elf, halflings not losing hide/sneak in illusion, etc. etc.
Closed Thread