Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 12:37 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Red: My Experience~

Hey all,

I just wanted to take a moment as a new player to Red and share my experience.

I had done some reading here on the forums on what to expect mechanically as differences between Blue and Red (something I recommend)... but most of all what piqued my interest was the community request to "Give Red a Try"...

So I did. From my perspective, I couldn't be happier.

There is a core group of people who are actively and willingly seeking out new players and assisting them. There currently isn't a whole lot of (or any as far as I can tell) low or mid level PvP. I am not saying it won't happen, but the loss is mainly just the Plat in hand, and that should mitigate most people's concerns about item loss...

There are not many people on (quite frankly), so the zones are wonderfully quiet.. but that being said; if you look for a group I've had no problem finding them (so far even as a Wizard).

Yes global /ooc has its "moments" but nothing a quick /ignore crazydude command can't fix.

This is a server, with experience modifiers, and a community that is actively looking to grow. I like it so far..

I would honestly recommend others to come give it a try as well~

-Vermilion
25th Level DE Wizard
Red Server
Old 10-16-2017, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Excellent review of p99 red! Not crazy check, accurate check and truthful double check.
Glad to hear you gave it a try and actually enjoyed it. In all honesty low pop is just a different play style. It's not bad or 'dead' it's just different. Which opens up a lot of different opportunities you don't get on blue. There are enough people to do the hardest raids though too. On top of that as you stated it's not the low level gank fest people sensationalized in the past. Red players want more people to interact with so they're willing to help newer players out. Your depiction of global ooc is far better than I could have described, Along with adding in the key note of the ignore feature.

Consider Red
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:40 PM
Aviak

I've never tried Red on P99, but I'm honestly curious. I think the thing that turned me off to Red on Live was the constant pvp in newbie zones like Qeynos and FP. Never made it past lvl 6 because I didn't have the time to invest to a game that I was adding another immersive element. But I may give red a try in the near future.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

I love how the first post is someone trying to insinuate they play on blue server, but made a new forum account for red server (probably to hide the fact their main account is also red sever), and then the very next post is from someone on red server applauding the OP for his courageous attempt to try the red server...

Can I sue for fraudulent advertising of the red server?

This is the kind of deceitful behavior you can expect if you play on the red server... Be cautious my p99 brethren!

I wonder if the attempts to get people to switch to the red server is because they are starting to become fearful of the red99 server shutting down... or if its just because the population is so low that the server is boring... or both?
Last edited by wwoneo; 10-16-2017 at 02:55 PM..
Old 10-16-2017, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

I hope they do shut down Red99 soon... but not for the reason you may expect... I just want them to bring Cylock to blue. He works hard for red, hes the hero blue server needs.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:12 PM
Banned

Red is great for leveling. It is fast and there are ways to find people for groups. Red just sucks for long term. Raiding gets boring, there is no competition and the server rules favor zerging. There will never be a real second raiding guild and there is nothing at end game for people to do besides farm empty zones or log in and raid the same content every week. There is room for 1 second tier guild and they have to not even step foot in areas the number 1 guild is in. You can farm Kunark or crap Velious content.

TMO was successful on Blue. They went to red, got zerged and quit. There is nothing a competing guild can do to overthrow the number 1 guild and it isn't like blue where you can have several top guilds splitting top targets. The top guild can ruin your entire raid force and not allow them to loot their characters for a weekend if they want. The zerg guild has no consequence for throwing 40-60 crap members at a force of 20 people. Dieing means nothing, it is just a waste of time.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope they do shut down Red99 soon... but not for the reason you may expect... I just want them to bring Cylock to blue. He works hard for red, hes the hero blue server needs.
Cylock does alot for blue too, hes a busy man.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

There are much better single player games than red99
Old 10-16-2017, 03:39 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxhub11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all,

I just wanted to take a moment as a new player to Red and share my experience.

I had done some reading here on the forums on what to expect mechanically as differences between Blue and Red (something I recommend)... but most of all what piqued my interest was the community request to "Give Red a Try"...

So I did. From my perspective, I couldn't be happier.

There is a core group of people who are actively and willingly seeking out new players and assisting them. There currently isn't a whole lot of (or any as far as I can tell) low or mid level PvP. I am not saying it won't happen, but the loss is mainly just the Plat in hand, and that should mitigate most people's concerns about item loss...

There are not many people on (quite frankly), so the zones are wonderfully quiet.. but that being said; if you look for a group I've had no problem finding them (so far even as a Wizard).

Yes global /ooc has its "moments" but nothing a quick /ignore crazydude command can't fix.

This is a server, with experience modifiers, and a community that is actively looking to grow. I like it so far..

I would honestly recommend others to come give it a try as well~

-Vermilion
25th Level DE Wizard
Red Server
I am glad you enjoyed it.

Remember if you need any assistance /petition and the purple ogre will appear! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Happy adventures and welcome to the red99 family!

Cylock the Halfing Slayer
Old 10-16-2017, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cylock does alot for blue too, hes a busy man.
He does, but i dont want his attention split.
Closed Thread