Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-27-2017, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mained a dwarf rogue back in 2000-2002 and honestly can't remember a single time I'd ask for a stamina buff or zing or whatever. Velious mobs or otherwise. Granted, after 15 years your brain is fried.

The only time I remember it mattering is "too fatigued to jump".

I'd be glad if it played a role on P99 however, the more complex the game at this point, the better.
I too mained a Dwarf Rogue, and I remember requesting Acumen in groups and raids to off-set the effects of Stamina drain before the Endurance revamp.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I too mained a Dwarf Rogue, and I remember requesting Acumen in groups and raids to off-set the effects of Stamina drain before the Endurance revamp.
Was it pre Kunark? I started playing when Kunark was out already.

Edit: nevermind, Acumen is a Kunark spell. Oh well.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn, you sure know how to get your research Sorn. I'm jelly, teach me master! I need better hunting spots for data!
I literally asked a person in game about what they remembered of stamina when they randomly showed up to buff me and a duo buddy, and after a few minutes they dug up posts from an old google group they'd been in.

I tend to search any old forums I know have been active since classic, EX: the Lanys Multi-Community discussion board (eqasylum), Monkly Business, the Druid's Grove, EQ Clerics, archived pages of EQTC, etc. This has shown me that google groups are also a great place...they have stuff from as far back as 1987, actually, depending on the group. They are basically records of listservs. BTW, listservs are also to be found floating around the web!

I also make use of Google's 'custom time' filter, which lets me find stuff that's been around a while that would be buried under newer content otherwise. Oocities, tripod pages, etc, are going to be pretty old content. If you can't tell if it's been updated, just plug the page into archive.org to see how far back the snapshots go.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 10-27-2017, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I literally asked a person in game about what they remembered of stamina when they randomly showed up to buff me and a duo buddy, and after a few minutes they dug up posts from an old google group they'd been in.
Or was it random =)

It wasn't a Google group I was in, I don't even think Google existed back then, but NNTP newsgroups was where all the information was (remember, this was '98 and '99). Any and all information about the game could be found in alt.games.everquest, thankfully, Google seem to aggregate them all and present the data to us.

But I did warn you, if my swimming skills suffer, I'll have to hunt you down and hurt you =)
Old 10-27-2017, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or was it random =)

It wasn't a Google group I was in, I don't even think Google existed back then, but NNTP newsgroups was where all the information was (remember, this was '98 and '99). Any and all information about the game could be found in alt.games.everquest, thankfully, Google seem to aggregate them all and present the data to us.

But I did warn you, if my swimming skills suffer, I'll have to hunt you down and hurt you =)
I WAS PROTECTING YOUR IDENTITY get out of here

BTW apparently nothing happens when you run out of stamina while swimming...so I think you're okay.

Retired from p99
Old 10-27-2017, 11:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a thought... If you wanted to test this, could you load original EQ and just launch the tutorial without running any patching?
So I found someone who was able to get the tutorial working and he reports that the tutorial does not use stamina at all. You can't even drown.

I think I've got a ton of research on here so it's not too disappointing. Biggest disappointment is I still can't have a real classic UI on p99. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Retired from p99
Old 10-28-2017, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Bummer about the tutorial! I wonder if there is still another way... is the jump stamina drain and negative effects all client side? You in theory then could still load original or trilogy client and connect to a fake server that just let's you enter world. Wouldn't the negative effects and stamina still drain in that case?

More of a question for the nilbogs / rogeans of the world perhaps.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Bummer about the tutorial! I wonder if there is still another way... is the jump stamina drain and negative effects all client side? You in theory then could still load original or trilogy client and connect to a fake server that just let's you enter world. Wouldn't the negative effects and stamina still drain in that case?

More of a question for the nilbogs / rogeans of the world perhaps.
I kinda doubt it since a lot of numbers like that are calculated server-side (while the client 'guesses' so it looks like it's real time until the server updates every tick). I've asked Zaela since he was doing a little trilogy server thing a while back but he hasn't responded yet.

Retired from p99
Old 11-15-2017, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

I won't let this die until the devs finally look at it!!

Retired from p99
Old 01-17-2018, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Was researching another issue and found some more info for you, didn't see it in your earlier posts. Conclusion from tests show it took 55 seconds to regain standing (no idea on sitting, I misread the first time and thought 21 secs, but that is how long it took him to run out). 114 STA vs 150 STA tested (not sure if <100 STA had an impact on regen). So seems you either regain a fixed percentage or perhaps your bar was a fixed value and STA didn't add 'points' to it. I don't recall if the UI showed stamina bar points.

Effects of Stamina
Quote:
--==Test #1==--

STA: 114 (unbuffed)
HP: 818
# of jumps till fatigued: 9
Time until fatigued: 44:07 to 44:28 (21 seconds)
Time to regain stamina (standing): 44:28 to 45:23 (55 seconds)

--==Test #2==--

STA: 150 (buffed)
HP: 888
# of jumps until fatigued: 9
Time until fatigued: 47:14 to 47:35 (21 seconds)
Time to regain stamina: 47:35 to 48:30 (55 seconds)

Conclusion:
The stamina stat has NO effect on the stamina bar.
Others gave him more info on this, saying jumping is always the same percentage of your base to prevent exploiting:
Quote:
Each jump always take half bubble for both my dwarf paladin or dark-elf
necromancer, slightly more or less. So, 9 or 10 jump usually drain all your
stamina, no matter what you are.
Quote:
> I find it unlikely that jumping takes a percentage of your overall
stamina.

It does. This was a hatchet job they did very early in release; they didnt
want people jumping constantly (as they did in beta), but they also didnt
want one race to have an advantage in that department over another. So it
takes a percentage, namely 10% or 11%.
Quote:
what i meant was that regardless of how high your stamina
was your character could only jump a certain number of times before
he/she ran out of puff. This is regardless on whther it was an ogre or
a gnome, this was implemented to fix an exploit players used to
jumping continously to run away
Other info on stats:
Quote:
fighting with no stamina only lowers 3 stats by 10 points anyway.
Thread confirms a bunch more of what you posted about swimming, weapon weight, etc. It would be interesting though if everyone just had the same values and it was a percentage things on melee / jumping / regen, etc.

Anyways, long post, hope this helps you in your quest for implementation.
Last edited by Rygar; 01-17-2018 at 11:03 PM.. Reason: Re-evaluated results and adjusted conclusion