Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Kobold

Default nec or wiz for...

Velious, both solo and raiding
Old 07-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Sarnak

Both are great soloers. As far as raiding it depends if you want to do really good dps or if you want to be a utility. Wizard sole purpose is to nuke while necros feed healers and do some lite dps. Once they make it so dots stack necros are a little better dps but I dont think that happens for a few months after velious.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Necro might be better if you want to farm loot solo too. Otherwise pretty similar.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:45 PM
Kobold

Mostly just to solo and lightly duo
Old 07-31-2013, 07:41 AM
Fire Giant

I honestly don't think that for single target fights a wizard will out dps a necro, even if the necro will only use nukes. The necro will have more mana, compensating less efficient nukes. Plus the necro has a zero mana dot in the form of a pet. Of course, in AE groups that all changes. So in a normal group a necro has vastly more utility and does at least comparable dps to a wizard. Only reason to prefer a wizard in a normal group for me would be if i would think evacs/ports as essential.

Wizards need to be buffed. In normal groups they really suck.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly don't think that for single target fights a wizard will out dps a necro, even if the necro will only use nukes. The necro will have more mana, compensating less efficient nukes. Plus the necro has a zero mana dot in the form of a pet. Of course, in AE groups that all changes. So in a normal group a necro has vastly more utility and does at least comparable dps to a wizard. Only reason to prefer a wizard in a normal group for me would be if i would think evacs/ports as essential.

Wizards need to be buffed. In normal groups they really suck.
You are crazy. Mages dont even out dps wizards and their pets and nukes are way better than necro. Necros dots also dont stack so if there is another necro only one would be doing any dot dps. And necros should be feeding anyway.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:50 AM
Sarnak

and for the record, having more mana in no way compensates for less efficient nukes. Its all about cast time to damage ratio. You could have unlimited mana and a wizard will still out dps a necro.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:08 AM
Fire Giant

Sorry, but that is really stupid. A wizard can of course out dps anybody in a burst. But then he will have to med... and med...

What counts for group dps is damage to time ratio. And with better mana regeneration this gets obviously better, i can't even understand how you do not see that. And btw.: ANY mage does more dps than any wizard same level if you count pet damage as well. Necro mana regeneration is soo much better than wizards that even without a pet and the necro only using nukes (not dots at all) he will still do comparable dps. And then he has a pet too. Of course the wizard can do it faster, but what is the point in this?

Cast time to damage ratio is only relevant for burst dps. That's where wizards are kings. But thats mostly irrellevant. Where wizards shine xp/time wise is only ae groups (or quadding), nothing else.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

Ok when velious comes out and guilds are killing the 3 kings or dragons in ntov I will guarantee you that necros will not be a dps class. They will be medding and feeding.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:58 AM
Sarnak

and mages will be staring at walls dropping rods on the ground.
Closed Thread