Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Kobold

great work on those pics, some that i can think of that would be cool, permafrost, the ruins in qeynos hills, blackburrow entrance, the gorge, najeena, solb.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Kobold

What format can you export to because I can code you a flythrough, etc. engine in Blitz3D. It can import .b3d, .3ds, .obj and .x. I can also do post processing (bloom, dof, realtime shadows, sunrays and all that good stuff).

Here's a shot of something I am coding. Just messing around making an EQ-ish clone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (96.3 KB, 86 views)
Last edited by stayne; 10-14-2010 at 09:59 AM..
Old 10-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Cool, stayne! That engine looks pretty solid.

The animation of a flythrough isn't a problem for me, it's just getting the entire fully textured zone out of EQ and into 3DS Max. Are you able to load up native EQ zone files in Blitz3D?

While I have you here, would you mind checking to see if the two .obj files I have here have UV coordinates? I'm able to export geometry from the Model Viewer (to .obj and .pov file type), but none of it is UV'd when I import the .obj into Max. The geometry comes in fine but the UVs are all collapsed to a single vertex. If you have a moment to try importing, It would help me to know if the UV's are getting wiped on export or on import: eq-obj.zip

Thanks man!
Old 10-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Kobold

Opened them up with UU3D and they do not have UV coords, but as you said the geometry is fine.

Blitz3D can only load the formats I mentioned. Could probably be done with some nifty coding but that would be over my head as I know nothing about EQ's format.

See if you can find the obj2max plugin for 3dsmax (unless you are using a version later than 6 I think). That may help?
Last edited by stayne; 10-14-2010 at 01:30 PM..
Old 10-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Kobold

just for shits and giggles i took those OBJ's you put up and imported them into poser. they loaded perfectly except for the fact they are on their sides. if you can export one of the full zones and i'll see if it loads into poser fine. i tried that program a while ago but nothing ever loaded correctly for me
I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.
Greeting Starfighter, you have been recruited by the Starleague to defend the frontier against Zurr and the Codan armada.

Baas rutten, Monk

Realena peacecraft, monk of cazic thule server.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyaku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just for shits and giggles i took those OBJ's you put up and imported them into poser. they loaded perfectly except for the fact they are on their sides. if you can export one of the full zones and i'll see if it loads into poser fine. i tried that program a while ago but nothing ever loaded correctly for me
Cool jyaku did you try applying that troll bitmap image to the troll's head? Does it map on there correctly, or does the image look skewed when you apply the texture? Thanks!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Kobold

no i can't get it to apply right. that's where i suck is trying to make my own mats.

i tried everything, it is impossible to put that texture on that model properly, i even DLed UVmapper and nothing came up when i loaded it
I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.
Greeting Starfighter, you have been recruited by the Starleague to defend the frontier against Zurr and the Codan armada.

Baas rutten, Monk

Last edited by jyaku; 10-14-2010 at 04:39 PM..
Old 10-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Kobold

That's because it has no UV coords. I made some and textured it real quick just to see how it would look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard01.jpg (82.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 10-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Kobold

i knew that was the wrong texture for it, that's the luclin texture trying to go onto a classic model

plus, i think that's for a female troll

Baas rutten, Monk

Old 10-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

Haha yeah I'm not sure about the troll face textures...I extracted everything from the Grobb character bin, and just chose a random troll face (all seemed to be laid out in the same fashion though..pretty standard for a head map) . The bitmap isn't even really necessary in regards to the purpose of this particular test.

The Model Viewer is great, but unfortunately is of little use if it doesn't export the UV coordinates. Re-doing everything for a whole zone would be crazy-business. All hope is not lost just yet, I think.

But anyway, I will continue doing tests and exploring other routes. Thanks for your help guys!

EDIT:
Great news, I've solved the problem! I found a forum thread that explained what I was doing wrong. Turns out the .POV importer for Max DOES work, I was just didn't know how to access it! And the .POV format DOES include UVs!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here's the info if you're interested: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28109
Last edited by toddfx; 10-14-2010 at 08:38 PM..
Closed Thread