Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Sarnak

Default Monk solo

Could a monk using every clicky / pot going solo the stuff a shaman / enchanter can?
Old 10-05-2017, 01:09 PM
Aviak

There's a monk that posts his solo kills on here, look for that. He's like bis geared however.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:21 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

If a monk could use Slowstone Amber and get the mob slowed then there probably isn't much they could not handle given extremely high gear levels. I guess you could in theory hit em with a tash stick and then try to slow for more highly resistant mobs? It just would never be as effective as shaman and chanter.

Enchanters can charm pets and slow their enemies which is huge, and shamans can free-damage-epic-click rooted mobs, torpor themselves to full life, and 70% slow and malo is essentially game breaking.

Monks when highly geared and with clickies can do some cool things, but its exception not the rule.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

Not really. A charmed NPC has 3x the health and 5x the damage output of even a top end monk. Charming is how basically all the god tier solo artist challenges happen.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Basically the only advantage the monk has is FD, being able to take hits better, and disciplines. If you start factoring soulfires and puppet strings and stuff, it just gets stupid IMO.

Without any clickies whatsoever, I'd say Shaman has the greatest chance at success (but slowest), then Enchanter, then Monk.

Free access to all high end clickies it is probably the same, but monk shines a bit brighter. I can't imagine for the life of me a mob that a monk can kill with puppet strings and soulfire that a shaman can't kill with puppet strings and soulfire (nevermind they have torpor).

In regards to tash stick, it can be used to debuff on solo challenge for sure. Guildie of mine used tash sticks + whirlwind discipline to get a tash off luckily, then slowstone on Guardian Kozzalym in Western Wastes. Used 9 charges of wort pots or something like that (he also has Fist of Nature, so... yea).
Old 10-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

Yes.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:31 AM
Aviak

Not without an insane bankroll and even then what's the point.
Closed Thread