Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton Jr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are so twisted
RIP morton jr

I KNEW u were attracted to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2020, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RIP morton jr

I KNEW u were attracted to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. Banned already. I liked Morton
Old 11-14-2020, 09:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. Banned already. I liked Morton
Why? Dude never had a positive thing to say about anything.

Part Eeyore from Winnie the Poo, part Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons. All Energy Vampire.
Old 11-14-2020, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Morton was Mario pretty sure, the guy needs a friend who'll help safely walk him off the edge. He's got a soul in there.
Old 11-14-2020, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

He has plenty of Nintendo-themed names still available, he'll be back.
Old 11-14-2020, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why? Dude never had a positive thing to say about anything.

Part Eeyore from Winnie the Poo, part Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons. All Energy Vampire.
hes actually not 100% vamp

he's communicated he finds me cute even as he follows me around w the tranphobic stuff. nice turd
Old 11-14-2020, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The Nightmare (Fuseli)
Hewy this is a cool painting!

I have this little thought experiment about this painting, and the experience of Night Terrors and Sleep Paralysis

I hhave suffered from both of these, they're nuts, it was awful, I still dont like to sleep on my back because of it, since that can exacerbate it because of the weight of your body pushing on itself.

TLdr of what they're like in my experience is you slooooowly wake up from a dream and cant really tell if you're in reality or not, your eyes are open your mind is awake you can start to see but your body is asleep and you cant move, it feels like you're being held down.

So how does that relate to this painting? Well, each culture on earth has come up with its own interpretation for what sleep paralysis is. Cultures have created all kinds of spiritual imagery to represent sleep paralysis.

This one is a Europian mythology of a gargoyle that appears on your chest and sucks out your soul.

south america has tales of a creature with long fingernails that lurks on people's rooftops during the night.

Mexican folklore has a cat, that invades people's homes and sits on their chests while they are asleep, steeling their breath.

Japanese have this spirit that lashes you to your bed with chains and torchers you.

But western American culture, has none. No mythos.

Why is that? well perhaps, its because we came about at a time where we dont make up mythology for sleep paralysis...

OOOORRRRR.......

Alien abductions, is the American folklore created by sleep paralysis. Think about it. When do they happen? what happens during them? What does it sound like?

Sure sounds like sleep paralysis to me!

edit: [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 11-14-2020 at 05:46 PM..
Old 11-14-2020, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

So I googled : medieval paintings site:imgur.com

0ut of deference to everyone's sensibilities I did not post the 5 million hits depicting medieval castration.
Closed Thread