Fire Giant

Well done!!
Old 11-17-2020, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

Does the OG Bayleigh even play anymore?
Old 11-18-2020, 04:17 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostfaction [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does the OG Bayleigh even play anymore?
Yeah, I played for the race and am online currently as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how much devils dandruff did you go through to accomplish this?
I actually was really surprised with the amount of endurance I had naturally. My friend was chugging red bulls/coffee and I mostly just drank water lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragged [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well done!!
Thanks Aikons! Hope you're doin well! Haven't talked to you since back on Blue when I was a bard main on Faerah.
Last edited by cutelittlecow; 11-18-2020 at 04:19 PM..
Old 11-18-2020, 04:18 PM
Banned

pls subscribe to my onlyfans
Old 11-18-2020, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wanted to be like her but I kinda turned out prettier in some ways. Not that she isn't a sweetheart. She deserved server 1st 60.
Him
Old 11-19-2020, 06:27 AM
Fire Giant

Where did you guys level at? What zones, what camps at what levels, what strats?

I need my EQ fix through hearing about the journey to 60 =)
Old 11-19-2020, 04:41 PM
Aviak

"Inspiration"
Old 11-19-2020, 05:55 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragged [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where did you guys level at? What zones, what camps at what levels, what strats?

I need my EQ fix through hearing about the journey to 60 =)
I've considered writing something up about the leveling journey and potentially a very opinionated piece on the wiki about how I play cleric now that I most likely won't be playing on the next P99 server.

If I get around to it I'll be sure to post it in here for you.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutelittlecow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've considered writing something up about the leveling journey and potentially a very opinionated piece on the wiki about how I play cleric now that I most likely won't be playing on the next P99 server.

If I get around to it I'll be sure to post it in here for you.
Awesome. I would love that, would also be fun to hear what thoughts you guys had during, as in what would you change if you could do it over, what worked well and so on.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:48 PM
Skeleton

For the simplicity of this post, I'll keep it as short and sweet as possible by only discussing what took place from the journey from 50 to 60. First off, I want to start off by saying again that I would not have been able to achieve this without the help of my friends in-game.

When I originally did my 1-60 Cleric solo challenge on Blue a year or so before Green released, I only managed to make it to 56 in a relatively decent time frame utilizing old world and Kunark regions. So, with that in mind, I knew that achieving level 60 on my own in Kunark is potentially feasible but would require a lot more time investment than I would have had available due to my work schedule. I honestly wasn't even sure if I would have been able to take part in the release of Kunark, but being a new hire at my job, I somehow managed to be conveniently given a few days off in a row and I called out one day for a doctors appointment.

My team lineup for the start of the race was a full 6-man group composition utilizing 2 wizards, 2 bards, 1 cleric and 1 enchanter. Also, one of the requirements of this group being that all of the members were of <Seal Team>, in order to allow the individuals in the group that we're considered active raiders (both bards and a wizard) to avoid raids for the sake of the race, was that we had to bring along a guild Warrior at the start and get them to, at a minimum, level 52. This of course inherently stifled our progress as a team significantly. The first day was spent having both bards out of the group as we filled the group with the guild Warrior and a Druid who happened to help the group by grabbing spells at the start(??) for some individuals in the party. The bards seemed fine with it, but this already left the enchanter and I frustrated at the fact that the bards were already going to be missing out on a days worth of experience.

The original plan devised by the bards was to use the spectres in Trakanon's Teeth near the Sebilis key turn-in area, and they had already broken down a lot of the information regarding kills-to-levels utilizing blue server, which we realized ultimately didn't even matter as it felt like the way experience was handled on Green from 51-60 was completely foreign. This turned out to be a horrible decision and we found out on day two that Burning Wood was basically abandoned for some ungodly reason. Perhaps the bards of Green were just unfamiliar with kiting there, or maybe they went to Dreadlands instead. I can honestly say that had we gone here from the start, we would have probably finished 1-2 days sooner than we did, as well as not have felt race pressure in the leveling path versus Manastoune (a druid) and Hyjal (until he had to go back to attending classes).

While Manastoune was capable of keeping up, if not achieving faster experience than us while solo, one of the benefits that we found of going the Burning Wood route was that we had the benefit of spell drops. This ended up being huge, as we were the first party to probably end up getting the majority of early end important spells. I managed to get pretty much all of my drop and quest spells very quickly, and the Wizards were suited with their PBAOE's as well as their Quad spells for later on. The Enchanter also managed to get an early Clarity II among other things. We also got a large assortment of spells for a variety of classes, but we held onto them briefly due to not wanting to provide any potential leveling advantages to other racers. For instance, we had a copy of the Druid charm that Manastoune spent the majority of the day looking for which gave us to time to expand the leveling gap.

We ended up staying in Burning Wood up until level 54, and at this point, with a full six player party, we noticed it was starting to come to a crawl. The leveling gap was closing again, and the Enchanter and I knew that if we wanted to achieve the goal we set out for that we would need to split the party into sets of two (bard/wizard, bard/wizard, cleric/chanter). This was understood by the group, but of course, ultimately led to some complaints and passive aggressiveness among friends. There were also apparently many complaints throughout the race from members of the guild as well, despite doing our agreed upon part of leveling a Warrior of the guild.

From here on, the Enchanter and I decided go /anon and I temporarily /ignore'd the majority of those who talked to me, because most people only messaged me with the intentions of getting information about where we were going to be leveling or where we were hunting at the time. It became bad to the point where we actually were getting scouted by random level 1's and other members of the guild. Although, all information about potential hunting locations that we were in were also apparently listed on the Wiki after doing some searching later on.

Now, I'm usually a big advocate for Highkeep, but I knew that it was going to be packed despite the ZEM nerf. Both Sebilis and Howling Stones were out of the question because we didn't do our keys yet. Sebilis was saturated with the herds of players and Howling Stones, while intimidating, was only out of reach due to having sit through camps for potential hours at a time. This was unacceptable for our needs, so I decided we'd go with the old tried-and-true path of the Neriak Foreign Quarter arena. We aimed to average between 80-120% experience per day until we noticed that our rate of leveling was decreasing significantly. From 54 to 55 was something around eight hours I believe, and each level basically tacked on an extra four to six hours.

We ended up staying at the Arena pretty much until level 59. We would go to sleep after a session, wake up, call one another and basically pray that the camp wasn't taken. Some memorable bad starts to our daily experience sessions were when we only barely managed to grab the camp and start before a duo from Black Lotus showed up. When we woke up to a Cleric/Mage duo from <Seal Team> in the spot, which ended up being a particularly bad day, because we ran around for five hours trying to find somewhere to experience only to come up with nothing, and then having to offer up a hefty sum to a druid in LOIO to expedite us to Lavastorm because we asked the duo if they could wait for us at the camp for a minute or two so we could arrive and they left immediately. We eventually ended up sharing the area and having some nice chats with Charlesmage from <Venerate> as they were camping one of the weaker spawns, and they seemed a friendly enough individual so we didn't really mind them being there.

There was also another full group from <Seal Team> that decided to typically hunt guards in the Neriak Commons, but one evening after work I found them in the Foreign Quarter arena. So, while my friend was sleeping I decided to go do some soloing on XP greens in their spot, which honestly wasn't all that bad (I managed to get a few extra percent in the hour or so of alone time). I think the ogres/trolls were spanking them pretty hard though because they were doing the spot with a standard group composition(??) and the mobs tend to hit pretty dang hard if they're not slowed. I believe my Enchanter friend asked if we could just continue xp'ing there on the day when we found them there and they just decided to go back to the Commons guards.

By this point now, we were both 59 and realized that the race was over now that Manastoune stopped playing, so we decided to go get our Sebilis and Howling Stones keys. It's almost kind of comical that we did that though, because we ended up just deciding to delve into Chardok instead. Chardok ended up being a ton of fun for leveling as a duo, and we only had one nasty corpse recovery near Kennels where both of us had died. That also probably sounds like it would probably be pretty bad, but if you've never seen me play cleric before, I tend to play it as a pseudo Enchanter, and funnily enough, when we were both ungeared I ended up having more CHA than my Enchanter partner (Gnome main). I ended up having a lot of fun helping with the calms, blurs, and stuns, and can honestly say it was probably one of the more memorable moments for me of our journey. We ended up hitting level 60 by slaughtering the exit tunnel, entrance tunnel, and mobs near CE in Chardok since they were in blue con xp range and died much faster.

Quote:
Awesome. I would love that, would also be fun to hear what thoughts you guys had during, as in what would you change if you could do it over, what worked well and so on.
If I could do it all over, I'd probably do it unguilded or in a small personal guild (like I did with Solitude for level 50) as it would have avoided dumb drama from individuals of the guild being upset at the fact that we were out leveling and not actively helping the guild, or those who threw a tantrum because I ignored them for the sake of the race.

As for the things that worked well...
  • CHA main stat cleric (you can help your enchanter calm/blur things if they need mana)
  • Utilizing knockback stuns to help with mob positioning
  • Permanently dueled with the enchanter for Theft of Thought (always have GRM up).
  • Rooting dueled pet and dragging mobs to it to make charm breaks less dangerous (the pet will try to beat your ass).
  • Communication, communication, communication. (A good chanter/cleric duo should act as a single cohesive unit. Nearing the end of our journey we could tell exactly that the other was going to do in a given situation.)
My only regret was that I didn't have my mage focus item clicky to reclaim energy so that I could get more use out of my hammer pet, and yes, I'm serious. I love that damn hammer pet.
Closed Thread