Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Banned

Default Broadcasting live to the internet

I am interested in starting a project where i can broadcast live to the internet mostly at protests, with the aim of protecting civil rights. Part of the problem of citizens not being informed today is that alot of the mainstream news is filtered. For example a protest with 60,000 people, the focus will be on a few rock throwers and sensationalist images. Its also the fact that police cannot seize evidence if its already out there downloaded by multiple users.

So im interested in buying the gear to broadcast live to the internet. Ive been thinking about this project for a while and trying to test the waters for what ill be needing. I intend to film covertly, with a small camera that can be placed in a baseball cap etc.. The reason im posting here is im not sure if that stuff exists yet heh. I would need some kind of video screen to know if im filming correctly, like sunglasses where one eye shows me what my camera is currently filming.

I also need to figure out what i need to transmit and receive (some computer somewhere that is receiving my camera's input, maybe a laptop in a car) and broadcast live to the internet. I know the camera exists, but not sure how costly and rare is the rest of the material. If any tech savy people here have any input for me, it would be appreciated!
Old 10-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Banned

Ideally, its something i could do from anywhere, like the Gargoyle suit from Snow Crash, the scifi novel. Less ideally, at least the gear is solid enough for me to wear it constantly and start filming at the flick of a switch somewhere on my person and transmit the video later on.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Kobold

Is that even legal?
Old 10-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Aviak

Check these gues or someone similar to them in your area

http://www.spystuff.com/spytech/index.html
Old 10-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Kobold

Just guessing but I'm pretty sure smartphones have this capability when used in conjunction with your computer. Why do you need to film it covertly, unless the protest itself was illegal? Does it have to be broadcast live? If so, why? What country are you in?
Old 10-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizerud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just guessing but I'm pretty sure smartphones have this capability when used in conjunction with your computer. Why do you need to film it covertly, unless the protest itself was illegal? Does it have to be broadcast live? If so, why? What country are you in?
If youve done any kind of protests recently in canada or the US, cops are targeting people with cameras, cordoning them off, arresting them. By filming covertly, cops cannot single me out for harrassement (like arresting me for 24h and then releasing me without charges) and ive seen many things that cops said that they never would have said with a camera around.

By broadcasting live, if i get arrested, then all the evidence is already online, downloaded by multiple users. So cops cant destroy the memory card and say it was never on me etc...

A clear example of the use of this is the recent attack on the flotilla that was bound for blockaded gaza with supplies where 9 people died. One of the things the israeli commandos did is seize all the cameras so they control what kind of evidence comes out. If the people on the boat had been broadcasting at least you would have the footage from the moment they got on the boat to when they got their equipment seized. I think that israeli commandos were actually jamming all transmissions though, cops on the streets of Canada arent that sophisticated, yet. And i would hope that it would spark a big debate as to why cops need to prevent anyone from broadcasting live to the internet, since corporate media do it all the time, for TV .
Last edited by Thelastaxi; 10-13-2010 at 04:37 PM..
Old 10-14-2010, 01:29 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastaxi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am interested in starting a project where i can broadcast live to the internet mostly at protests, with the aim of protecting civil rights. Part of the problem of citizens not being informed today is that alot of the mainstream news is filtered. For example a protest with 60,000 people, the focus will be on a few rock throwers and sensationalist images. Its also the fact that police cannot seize evidence if its already out there downloaded by multiple users.

So im interested in buying the gear to broadcast live to the internet. Ive been thinking about this project for a while and trying to test the waters for what ill be needing. I intend to film covertly, with a small camera that can be placed in a baseball cap etc.. The reason im posting here is im not sure if that stuff exists yet heh. I would need some kind of video screen to know if im filming correctly, like sunglasses where one eye shows me what my camera is currently filming.

I also need to figure out what i need to transmit and receive (some computer somewhere that is receiving my camera's input, maybe a laptop in a car) and broadcast live to the internet. I know the camera exists, but not sure how costly and rare is the rest of the material. If any tech savy people here have any input for me, it would be appreciated!
Yes mainstream media is nothing but propaganda. We used to look down our noses at China and Russia, and their controlled state media. Ours is no different other than being packaged as independent and unbiased when it is the exact opposite.

regardless of that,

Are you on the payroll of George Soros or A.C.O.R.N.? which is it?
Old 10-14-2010, 03:44 AM
Sarnak

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast_signal_intrusion
Old 10-14-2010, 05:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theldios [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Check these gues or someone similar to them in your area

http://www.spystuff.com/spytech/index.html
Thanks, i already knew about those sites and cameras. My main technical question mark is how to broadcast live while being mobile.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

thank you guys