Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgglooV2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a new player to Project 1999 blue server, with only two newbie characters, the highest of which is level 19, I find the economy to be daunting.

Yes, I played classic EQ up to PoP and know how to make a little plat here and there, but a lot of lowbie items are not for sale anywhere because veterans don't even bother to sell them, and higher end items are out of my reach.

So I have to get them myself, and it is possible, but a little frustrating when I know they surely exist in droves on the server. Joining guilds helps I suppose but I hate begging for items or asking people to help me.
What classes are you playing? I have a Crafted Velium Claidhmore, Sarnak Battlehammer, and Silken Whip of Ensnaring rotting in my bank right now. Don't think I have any armor as of right now, but if you can use something out of that, PM me your in game name and I'll hook ya up.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:16 PM
Large Rat

I appreciate the gesture. Alas I have a druid and cleric. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My point is just that it's hard to legitimately buy items starting out, few are for sale, and thus, I can see why plat farming becomes a thing as people focus on money above pretty much all else.

I'm actually doing just fine on my second character, a level 9 druid, equipment wise, because I just focused on killing stuff that got me sellable items like bone chips and HQ pelts.

But my poor level 19 cleric is still wearing rags and I can barely afford spells, because I didn't have that focus on money from the start, and actually sought to group with people and stuff.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

If you're having trouble with getting the cash for spells or basic armor for your cleric (banded?) then I'd suggest hanging around where a high-level type is killing guards or other FS droppables and offer to either toss them a couple buffs to clean out their corpses or being a vendor/bank mule.

One good spot for that is Felwithe- guards there drop $ vendor items that often rot due to weight. If you offer to sell them and split the profits with the guy killing, in a fairly small amount of time you can probably bank a couple hundred plat to buy a set of banded and a couple circles of spells.

Just a suggestion- no begging required and you might make a friend or two.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:03 PM
Large Rat

Good idea. Thanks! My approach thus far was, I was going to make a druid, and solo for plat.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuurin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're having trouble with getting the cash for spells or basic armor for your cleric (banded?) then I'd suggest hanging around where a high-level type is killing guards or other FS droppables and offer to either toss them a couple buffs to clean out their corpses or being a vendor/bank mule.

One good spot for that is Felwithe- guards there drop $ vendor items that often rot due to weight. If you offer to sell them and split the profits with the guy killing, in a fairly small amount of time you can probably bank a couple hundred plat to buy a set of banded and a couple circles of spells.

Just a suggestion- no begging required and you might make a friend or two.
No good necro lets those 22p Two Handed Swords rot. Loot 'em all and drop them to a level 1 tunare worshipping enchanter alt with maxed charisma for highest sale price. It's easier to have a newbie do it than play the character hopping game every 16-20 kills though.
Closed Thread