Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 09:34 PM
Aviak

Default Shaman - Fungi staff or Iksar tunic

Getting into my 30s and starting to make some decent plat. Going to grind away a few more levels and I think I can save enough to get either the iksar tunic or the fungus staff. Which one should I be buying? Staff looks like better regen but with penalties, just want to make sure I am not missing something.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Get an ikky BP the resell value hasn’t dipped in 2 years. You can also pass it on to an alt when you upgrade to a fungi.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 09-02-2018, 11:37 PM
Kobold

Someone in ec was saying how fungi tunic + fungi staff + troll/iksar hp regen makes the game broken from ungodly hp. Not sure exactly how op that would be but I’m guessing 15 + 15 + whatever the hp regen on racial bonus is but I think there’s a cap on max hps per tic
Old 09-03-2018, 09:14 AM
Kobold

If you can deal with the clunkiness of staff, it's a superior option longterm (esp once you get your hands on a fungi tunic). I'd recommend using a 2hander as your main weapon so that swapping weapons every 5 minutes is less of a chore.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:51 PM
Kobold

Fungi Staff is manaless 15hp regen
Iksar Regen BP is 5hp Regen, till 52 you would have to keep casting chloro to match the staff. Once you get Regrowth at 52 then you have 5hp regen from BP + 15hp regrowth which makes it better.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Get the bp. Then save for jbb . Sell iksar for when buying fungi. By that time you will have regrowth. Which invalidates the need for the staff. Really the staff is just a novelty 4 after wipes.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:41 AM
Kobold

Ehhh. I have A fungi tunic and a fungi staff. I am only 50. The staff is awesome when you are grouped and don’t need to kite, flee, etc. the Regen from it makes you very very slow and you barely move with it on. It doesn’t stack with SOW.

Now, with tunic and staff, I regen Like a mad man. It’s awesome. I recently Got my epic and now I have To swap to click Regen sometimes and swap back. It’s annoying sometimes. So, if I am Grouped and it’s a good group I’ll just cast chloro as it last way longer then click Regen (which is like 3 min). Plan to do the same at 52.

I’d use the staff over Iksar BP for now because it’s more Regen at lower levels. Maybe sell that staff to invest into Iksar BP + chloro when you get that spell. Regen is the same then. Obviously at 52 you will have more Regen. Hey a fungi ASAP when you can though.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:18 AM
Fire Giant

Iksar BP since it sells easier, then sell it for JBB when you can use it (unless you're iksar)
Closed Thread