Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

Default I was wrong... p99 green is awesome.

I made the post yesterday complaining about the server. Basically where it came from is I've been playing tlp for the past 3-4 years and haven't really been on p99 recently. When I started my character, I was looking through the lens of "I need to rush to 50, I need to level asap or people will be level 30 by tonight and pass me". What I realized after hitting level 5 or so is that this is really not like tlp at all - there is no massive group bonus, not everyone can just file into guk, there are actual benefits to going out in the world and grinding camps or soloing. You can't really see your exp, you can't really talk cross zone, you really don't have a lot of conveniences.

The more I play, the more I realize that this meta is so much more fun and interesting than anything tlp fresh servers have been offering us. The game world is actually complete and useful again instead of just rushing through dungeons as hard as possible. It actually feels good.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 10-26-2019, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

This is what a lot of us true believers have been saying since Green was launched. Classic EverQuest was fun as hell.

It seems like somewhere along the way many people forgot how true that was.

Glad you’re having such a good time!

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-26-2019, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what a lot of us true believers have been saying since Green was launched. Classic EverQuest was fun as hell.

It seems like somewhere along the way many people forgot how true that was.

Glad you’re having such a good time!
And the insane success of Classic WOW has only proven this even further. From "you think you do, but you don't" two years ago to Classic WOW becoming more successful than Live WOW has been in the past 5 years!

People are eager to get back into the slow gameplay style of the classic MMOs. Where the journey is every bit as important as the destination.

Pantheon, if it's good, might actually turn out to be a goldmine of profitability
Old 10-26-2019, 02:19 PM
Banned

its been amazing even my brother who couldnt get into blue is enjoying it
Old 10-26-2019, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"you think you do, but you don't"
Those guys have now moved on to “The novelty will wear off soon.”

It’s insufferable.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-26-2019, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Yay converts!

Just wait till you rediscover hell levels and naked dungeon corpse runs, OP.

The game is slow and rough and the graphics and UI are dated. But the gameplay is great, the struggle is real, there's one world with people friends and not bumping into each other... It's fantastic at all levels.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-26-2019 at 02:27 PM..
Old 10-26-2019, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yay converts!

The game is slow and rough and the graphics and UI are dated. But the gameplay is great, the struggle is real, there's one world with people friends and not bumping into each other... It's fantastic at all levels.
I'm not really a convert, more like a "I thought I wanted it, but I didn't, but actually I did."
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 10-26-2019, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those guys have now moved on to “The novelty will wear off soon.”

It’s insufferable.
AND banning Taiwanese Hearthstone pros for voicing their support of HK.

All this from J Allen Brack who is now the CEO of blizzard and likely making tens of millions of dollars a year.....
Ironically I actually think it was the success of the EQ TLP servers that gave them the final push to move into Classic WOW development
Last edited by Vizax_Xaziv; 10-26-2019 at 02:35 PM..
Old 10-26-2019, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yay converts!

honestly the graphics don't bother me in fact I think they have quite a bit of charm in their own way.

And this is coming from a graphics whore with a high end high refresh rate gaming PC

I'm sure a lot of that is nostalgia. On the other hand I've also been playing classic well recently which is my first time and I like those graphics as well
Old 10-26-2019, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The more I play, the more I realize that this meta is so much more fun and interesting than anything tlp fresh servers have been offering us. The game world is actually complete and useful again instead of just rushing through dungeons as hard as possible. It actually feels good.
P99 is difficult but so much more rewarding. Starting fresh has been very fun!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread