Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 08:56 PM
Banned

Default Soloing classic hybrid

seems like i really notice the exp penalty while grouping when the bar doesnt move at all but then when i solo it moves at a tolerable rate

anyone else ran into this situation? hybrid soloing seems faster and viable with the right camps
Old 11-03-2019, 08:59 PM
Fire Giant

This is the case for every class that can solo even moderately well. The Vision(tm) was a Massively Multiplayer game that disincentivized multiplayer if you wanted to level in the most efficient manner. Big brain shit.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the case for every class that can solo even moderately well. The Vision(tm) was a Massively Multiplayer game that disincentivized multiplayer if you wanted to level in the most efficient manner. Big brain shit.
i got way too good at soloquesting on red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i cant not get fat exp when i know how
Old 11-03-2019, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh idk I think it’s mostly the same XP per hour so long as you don’t have a big level disparity between group mates. If your group is highly efficient and pulling fast, the XP flow is great. Obviously, you’re not gonna see the XP bar move significantly each kill, but I don’t think it’s extremely less than the solo vs group XP
Old 11-03-2019, 11:33 PM
Kobold

Why would you roll a hybrid and expect to solo? Especially in this era?
Old 11-03-2019, 11:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i got way too good at soloquesting on red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i cant not get fat exp when i know how
Yea I could group with my Wizard on Blue after quadding. It's just SO much slower
Old 11-03-2019, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

i estimate that every class is technically faster to solo
Old 11-03-2019, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most? Yes. But rogue, warrior, paladin? Very doubtful that they can solo faster than duo/trio (or full group).

But the rest hell yeah. A great full group, or a decent duo/trio, are better than most any solo except like, AOE kiting or swarm kiting or reverse charming 4-5 mobs. But even a cleric nuking spectres or a SK fear kiting low blues is better than a mediocre full group. And this is even more true for casters on green since solo means you're being "held back" by poorly geared melee.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It depends on a number of factors: class, gear, competition for mobs, etc. Soloing on a fresh high-pop server like Green can be tough because groups have camps on lockdown 24/7. Even the suboptimal spots are camped by groups pretty much all day.

What's happening on Green is unprecedented. Never has a classic EQ server launched with so many people.
Closed Thread