Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Default Ideas on how to balance classes

These arent changes I want implemented on this server, but I was curious what you thought about class changes to balance things out.

Heres what I would do do even the playing field:
  • Bard - Reduce PBAOE songs range to 15
  • Cleric - Nothing
  • Druid - Remove group port spells
  • Enchanter - Charm is too powerful- increase chance of break
  • Magician - increase mana required by all spells
  • Monk - remove Mend
  • Necro - reduce pet damage and remove feign death
  • Paladin -nothing
  • Ranger - increase melee damage, minor innate regen and mana regen
  • Rogue - add feign death
  • Shad. Knight - nothing
  • Shaman - nothing
  • Warrior - innate regen and 10hp per Stamina. Dual wield at level, add mend
  • Wizard - increase efficiency of DD spells, Only class that can port

What do you think?
Old 04-27-2020, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Excellent, wouldn't change a thing
Old 04-28-2020, 12:05 AM
Sarnak

Wow, these are terrible!
Old 04-28-2020, 12:22 AM
Sarnak

Whats next, rooted dragons?
Old 04-28-2020, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These arent changes I want implemented on this server, but I was curious what you thought about class changes to balance things out.

Heres what I would do do even the playing field:
  • Bard - Reduce PBAOE songs range to 15
  • Cleric - Nothing
  • Druid - Remove group port spells
  • Enchanter - Charm is too powerful- increase chance of break
  • Magician - increase mana required by all spells
  • Monk - remove Mend
  • Necro - reduce pet damage and remove feign death
  • Paladin -nothing
  • Ranger - increase melee damage, minor innate regen and mana regen
  • Rogue - add feign death
  • Shad. Knight - nothing
  • Shaman - nothing
  • Warrior - innate regen and 10hp per Stamina. Dual wield at level, add mend
  • Wizard - increase efficiency of DD spells, Only class that can port

What do you think?
Why would you remove Druid ports? Druids are hardly imbalanced in some OP way in terms of their abilities, if anything the game is balanced against them since past mid-30s they don’t bring much to a group and have to solo pretty much the rest of the way. Their ports don’t affect class balance at all.

Necro pets also don’t really need pet damage reduced. It’s really such a small part of their arsenal. If you really felt they needed to be nerf, then reduce the mana efficiency of their DoTs.

I don’t think Warriors really need an HP boost to make them balanced. They hardly lack in the ability to take hits department. Where they have problems is that they are solely dependent on their DPS and a hit or miss taint ability to maintain aggro. If you wanted to truly balance Warriors with the rest of the tanks, give them some better aggro generating ability.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

only the immortal science can achieve true class balance
Old 04-28-2020, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you remove Druid ports? Druids are hardly imbalanced in some OP way in terms of their abilities, if anything the game is balanced against them since past mid-30s they don’t bring much to a group and have to solo pretty much the rest of the way. Their ports don’t affect class balance at all.

Necro pets also don’t really need pet damage reduced. It’s really such a small part of their arsenal. If you really felt they needed to be nerf, then reduce the mana efficiency of their DoTs.

I don’t think Warriors really need an HP boost to make them balanced. They hardly lack in the ability to take hits department. Where they have problems is that they are solely dependent on their DPS and a hit or miss taint ability to maintain aggro. If you wanted to truly balance Warriors with the rest of the tanks, give them some better aggro generating ability.
removing ports from druids adds more utility to Wizards.

Necro pet damage is respectable through all levels. I wasnt looking to drastically change the necro class, just make them less OP than they already are. DOT's are much more complex than meets the eye. DOT's don't stack with other DOT's, they have a duration, so casting them on a mob that will die before the end of the DOT is highly inefficient. Splurt for example has an extremely high DPM, but that efficiencty is mostly realized at the end of its duration, not to mention that the MOB must be stationary or in fear for the DOT's to hit for max damage. Contrast that with 6 mages that can burn all their mana on a single mob with DD's.

I think its better to focus on giving warriors a bigger health pool and ability to regen that, rather than increasing their DPS. I am in agreement with you that Warriors have a hard time keeping aggro, but I feel that is more an issue with "taunt" not working correctly on the p99 client. I seem to remember it working better 20 years ago, but maybe that was just me.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:50 AM
Kobold

Fuck that removing ports from druids, wizards will hate everyone. Id vow to never port anyone so then no one has ports!
Old 04-28-2020, 03:08 AM
Planar Protector

“Mr. Topgunben, what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:31 AM
Fire Giant

None of this is going to happen, so what is the point?
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Closed Thread