Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Wizard familiar and built in breeze that does not have have to be activated or buffed.

Reduce dot DPM by 50% for all dot classes.

Make charm only land and stick on greens. It can still land on blue - red cons, but only 10 seconds max.

Warriors already get 10 hp per star ya goof. Mend is dumb.

Don't think warriors need a buff really, but u could make berserk and cripples start at 60% and give them 3x out of combat bind wound healing. Warriors only.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:32 AM
Fire Giant

If I were to make a class-adjusted classic server I might make the following changes:

Paladins: Defense skill to match Warriors
ShadowKnights: Defense skill to match Warriors
Warriors: Taunt generates threat based on skill rating to be on par with Pally/SK threat generation.
Rangers: Bows for rangers deal damage as if they were a normal 2-handed weapon, arrows function like bonus damage in melee slots as you level. Also ranged-auto-attack for rangers.

Clerics: Remove complete heal

All casters: Allow DoTs from the same class to stack.

Game balance: Rebalance monster damage at certain tiers of content to account for Complete Heal no longer existing.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

I would really enjoy seeing the thought patterns and reasoning behind some of you people's proposals. Not just the proposal itself.

Cuz overmaximum yikes.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would really enjoy seeing the thought patterns and reasoning behind some of you people's proposals. Not just the proposal itself.

Cuz overmaximum yikes.
Sure. Why not let paladins and shadowknights tank on par with warriors, warriors no longer unintuitively need proc weapons to hold threat, rangers suck and making bows function like a normal 2-hander in its damage calculations would make them at least flavorful, it's dumb that 2 dots can't stack from the same class, complete heal is the laziest and most cancerous game design I've ever seen. The entire end-game of EQ had to be designed around the fact that clerics had Complete Heal, it was a problem and by removing it you maintain clerics being the best at healing but they can't just catatonically sit there and press one button every few minutes then go back to sleep..

Other than that I think the rest of the classes are fine, casters are all pretty flavorful and interesting, rogues and monks are great, don't really need to shake the game up too much to better balance the classes.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Terrible ideas and OPs favorite movie is Top Gun and he has no lvl 60s.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:19 AM
Kobold

WoW is for balance.

With that said a couple classes in this era are so broken as to be useless, my suggestions:

Druid - Nature's Touch heals for 1.2k damage (i couldn't figure out why it didn't to begin with except a zealous obsession with keeping every druid heal below any cleric heal).
Druid - a level 60 30 hp/tick regen.

Wizard - Sunstrike is a -300 fire lure
Wizard - Ice Spear of Solist is a -300 frost lure with no recast time.
Wizard - Banes require no reagent.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Dots are overpowered and more game breaking than CH. Those classes with dots are buffed enough without even using them. Dots should be an alternative, not a go to. Druids, necro, and sham would be fine with dots stacking if their power was cut in half. All of those classes have viable Dd alternatives. People are just too dumb to spec evok or conj.

Are you offering to re design the entire end game without ch? Clerics would necessitate a buff then.

Hybrids don't need a mitigation buff. Lol. People just need to learn to raid heal and get away from the automation style thinking. Need more pallies, druids, and shams cycling heals on the Mt regardless of efficiency.

My verdict is you are stupid and <Seal Team Six> did not properly prepare you for combat.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dots are overpowered and more game breaking than CH. Those classes with dots are buffed enough without even using them. Dots should be an alternative, not a go to. Druids, necro, and sham would be fine with dots stacking if their power was cut in half. All of those classes have viable Dd alternatives. People are just too dumb to spec evok or conj.

Are you offering to re design the entire end game without ch? Clerics would necessitate a buff then.

Hybrids don't need a mitigation buff. Lol. People just need to learn to raid heal and get away from the automation style thinking. Need more pallies, druids, and shams cycling heals on the Mt regardless of efficiency.

My verdict is you are stupid and <Seal Team Six> did not properly prepare you for combat.
Post count checks out
Old 04-28-2020, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WoW is for balance.

With that said a couple classes in this era are so broken as to be useless, my suggestions:

Druid - Nature's Touch heals for 1.2k damage (i couldn't figure out why it didn't to begin with except a zealous obsession with keeping every druid heal below any cleric heal).
Druid - a level 60 30 hp/tick regen.

Wizard - Sunstrike is a -300 fire lure
Wizard - Ice Spear of Solist is a -300 frost lure with no recast time.
Wizard - Banes require no reagent.
Good changes.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Remove bind affinity from classes that can't port.
Closed Thread