Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reading the 2 suggestions about MAG in this thread, it's almost as if Magicians have uber pets that can solo dark blue con mobs while their master is afk and will only stand to loot mobs. You might think of lower level mobs that kill themselves on fire pet DS, but again, that pet has very low hps. 2 blues vs a fire pet and you can kiss your pet goodbye. There's no such thing as a MAG chain pulling db mobs for hours to get phat loot & xp without a moment to med/ heal. MAg pets hit for less than half as hard as the mobs they're fighting for their master. How OP is that ?:

[Tue Apr 21 02:07:53 2020] Decayed soldier hits YOU for 140 points of damage.
[Tue Apr 21 02:07:53 2020] Decayed soldier tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Tue Apr 21 02:07:53 2020] Jenekn pierces decayed soldier for 56 points of damage.
[Tue Apr 21 02:07:53 2020] Jenekn pierces decayed soldier for 32 points of damage.

Curious to know what you think a "fully decked out" pet is ? Best I can do is:
speed buff,
haste,
DS,
give it a proccing/ 2 handed weapon (but unlike enchanter charmed pets, you cannot get back anything that you give your pet),
pieces of trash armour to improve its AC,
no hp buff, no stat buffs, no regen, no fancy ability for a pet that will be between 5-9 levels below mine

Though RP wise an elemental that gets out of control sounds nice (critical failure on summoning may be ?), you're suggesting that a magician's only means of defense -except Gate- is to be a random duration charmed creature ?

As to the OP suggestion:

You obviously have not played a mage for long/ at all

Debuffs cost a lot of mana more so when you get resists,
nukes cost a lot of mana,
summoning pets cost a hell lot of mana (200 / 300 mana),
in the long run pets buffs also cost a ton of mana since they are very short duration (unless you have Velious clicky),
summoned items cost a lot too.

Mages get the short end of the stick in already enough departments as it is without adding another one. Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have played a mage up to 70 starting in 2000 on E'ci, my main was a barbarian warrior also on E'ci. You are acting like 200 mana is a big deal to a class that can MED that in just over a minute at level 40. A level 40 barb warrior regens 300 hp over 10 minutes, if sitting down the whole time. A mage pet regens 300 hp in 1 minute, 10 times the rate of a warrior.

Mages can summon a new pet every minute and half and not run dry on mana. A warrior cant even solo a light blue mob post 30 without twinked gear.

If the only spells that mages had were summoning pets, they would still be bad ass. Add on to that DS, great nukes, COTH, burnout, mod rods blah blah

And before you say that warriors get all those great disciplines and are needed as end game raid tanks, 99.99% of this servers warriors will never ever be in a raid tank situation.

Let me put it this way, an army of mage pets can down Vox, but an army of Warriors cant. Thats the balance issue I am talking about.