Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-14-2020, 05:52 AM
Planar Protector

EQshaman.com guide, capture date 24 January, 2001:

Quote:
Whilst our pets are relatively low level they hit fast and double attack aswell (they never duel wield).

http://web.archive.org/web/200101242.../pet_info.html
Old 09-14-2020, 06:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Their skill isn't high enough to double-attack in the offhand, that's the simple answer. You need offhand double-attack to get quads.
First time I ever hear this.

It's my understand you can quad as soon as you both get DW and DA, just the chance of it is quite low, as you need to succeed the mainhand DA roll, the DW roll, and the offhand DA roll. If they are all tough rolls of like < 30%, you will rarely quad, but still quad sometimes.

Also if you filter misses, you'll probably barely ever see them in the chat window until your skill and luck gets high enough to ALSO actually LAND each of the 4 hits.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First time I ever hear this.

It's my understand you can quad as soon as you both get DW and DA, just the chance of it is quite low, as you need to succeed the mainhand DA roll, the DW roll, and the offhand DA roll. If they are all tough rolls of like < 30%, you will rarely quad, but still quad sometimes.

Also if you filter misses, you'll probably barely ever see them in the chat window until your skill and luck gets high enough to ALSO actually LAND each of the 4 hits.
On a warrior you need a skill of at least 150 in double-attack to double-attack in the offhand. That's what gets you quads.

For pets and NPCs it might just be a function of level in the db and what skills they're assigned when. I haven't checked on eqemu.

But anyways from what I'm seeing, shammy pets never got dual-wield in era. That would logically apply to NPC shaman pets unless there was some special coding I'm unaware of (always possible).

Shaman pets on live did eventually get the ability to equip weapons (I see references to this starting in 2003), which would let them dual wield, but never in-era.
Last edited by Dolalin; 09-14-2020 at 06:21 AM..
Old 09-14-2020, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

shaman pet's are not triple attacking.
source: 2 level 60 shaman on blue.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

I just parsed my monk's logs and indeed, the first time a quad got succesfully issued was shortly after my DA skill hit 150. I stand corrected..
Old 09-14-2020, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shaman pet's are not triple attacking.
source: 2 level 60 shaman on blue.
So maybe this is only a green thing? I dunno. Don't have a high level sham n ither. Bu they are either DWing or trip attacking on green, which is a bug.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:07 PM
Sarnak

Could it be a client/server timing issue? I swear I've seen my mage pet hit 5 or 6 times on rare occasion, but there seemed to be longer pauses in between than they should.

Edit: and yes, I checked that a bash/kick wasn't in there.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could it be a client/server timing issue? I swear I've seen my mage pet hit 5 or 6 times on rare occasion, but there seemed to be longer pauses in between than they should.

Edit: and yes, I checked that a bash/kick wasn't in there.
Pretty sure the answer is ot because of the timestamps. The times of everything are based on the servers packets being sent to you.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

Ok, didn't know how the client/server decided the timestamps to display.
Old 08-12-2021, 08:20 PM
Project Manager

Is there any actual proof shaman pets are dual wielding in game on p99?

The code for pets is kinda jumbled. Might be somewhere else but I'm not seeing it.
Last edited by nilbog; 08-12-2021 at 08:26 PM..