Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 01-21-2023, 11:33 PM
Banned

Lightbulb 20 Questions with a Lib NPC

I would particularly like to discuss immigration.

I'll start -

Question 1:

Quote:
What is the difference between a refugee and an asylum seeker?

A refugee is someone who has been forced to flee their country due to persecution, war, or violence. They have crossed an international border to find safety in another country. An asylum seeker is someone who has left their country and is seeking international protection, but whose claim for refugee status has not yet been determined. In other words, an asylum seeker is someone who is seeking refugee status, while a refugee is someone who has been granted it.
Old 01-21-2023, 11:39 PM
Banned

Question 2:

Quote:
What is a migrant encounter?

A "migrant encounter" typically refers to a situation where migrants, who are people in the process of moving from one place to another, come into contact with authorities or other individuals. This can include encounters with border patrol agents, immigration officials, or local law enforcement, as well as interactions with humanitarian aid workers or other people providing assistance to migrants. Depending on the context, a migrant encounter may be peaceful or confrontational, and may result in the migrants being granted entry, detained, or turned away.
Old 01-22-2023, 12:12 AM
Banned

Ooh do what is an Economic migrant next and you cover like 98% of them

Edit: but overall interesting idea and start
Old 01-22-2023, 12:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ooh do what is an Economic migrant next and you cover like 98% of them

Edit: but overall interesting idea and start
Question 3:

Quote:
What is an economic migrant?

An economic migrant is a person who leaves their country of origin in search of better economic opportunities or to escape poverty. Economic migrants are often motivated by factors such as a lack of jobs, low wages, or poor living conditions in their home country, and they may be looking for higher-paying jobs, better working conditions, or a higher standard of living. Economic migrants may also be driven by the desire to provide for their families and improve their children's future prospects.

Economic migration can take many forms, including permanent relocation to another country, temporary work or seasonal work, and international commuting. The distinction between an economic migrant and a refugee is that the latter is someone who is forced to flee their country due to persecution, war or violence, while the former is someone who chooses to migrate to improve their economic situation.

It is important to note that the distinction between economic migration and forced migration can be complex and that many individuals may have a combination of motivations for leaving their home country. It is also worth mentioning that many countries have different laws and regulations regarding economic migration, and the process of legally immigrating for economic reasons can be difficult and time-consuming.
Old 01-22-2023, 12:39 AM
Banned

The way to really get lost in the sauce would be to explore it’s effect on wages and what if any industries may have become reliant on the illegal form to financially function

The hard part would be finding unbiased sources
Old 01-23-2023, 04:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way to really get lost in the sauce would be to explore it’s effect on wages and what if any industries may have become reliant on the illegal form to financially function

The hard part would be finding unbiased sources
I worked for Asplundh and Davey Tree and illegal immigrants literally destroyed the industry:

Just a video I have uploaded already (before people act like I'm making this up), I have thousands of my funny interactions with illegal immigrants coming up to me while I was on my phone and just recording them asking ridiculous questions and stuff.

Asplund and Davey both got fined heavily because of this, and it was only because Trump got elected. Our working conditions became dramatically higher paying and safer once they started to purge the illegals.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tree-co...llegal-hiring/

https://www.wsav.com/crime-safety/co...r-murder-case/

Always cracks me up when people say it doesn't affect Americans, or that Americans are just lazy and don't want to work. Most of the time what they mean is that Americans can't afford to work for the wages that illegals are. They will literally cram 10 of them into a hotel and pay them minimum wage, and they'll be happy AF.

Working with Mexicans was super dangerous because they can't speak your language (2-way communication is critical for tree work, lack of communication is what kills most loggers and trimmers). Imagine being 200 feet in the air of some tree you climbed, when all of the sudden you hear a chainsaw below you, and realize a Mexican who doesn't speak english is cutting down a tree next to you. You scream at him, he doesn't speak English, so he thinks he's in trouble and starts cutting down more trees.

I've literally had trees cut down on top of the tree I'm already in, pulling the power line with them, into my tree. Terrifying moments. Can't train these guys because they don't speak english, and they really have no reason to want to learn anything since they're just there for the free money.

The company you're working for doesn't care because they can hire 10 of them for the cost of one skilled American arborist, and then charge the company that contracted them more because they have "10 men on the job." In reality it's one American working with a bunch of illegals standing around doing nothing. Can remember when my boss was giving me a hard time b ecause I was on a jobsite that had 120 trees that needed to be climbed.

Boss said it needed to be done in one day. I complained I didn't have enough people. So he sends me a bunch of non english speaking Mexicans and makes the situation 10 x worse. None of them had ever touched a Chainsaw or climbed a tree before. It is what it is.

The factories in my area also started hiring felons and black people who had been unemployable for 10+ years because illegals were cheaper. Once the illegals got kicked out, people I knew who had been unemployed for 10+ years suddenly had their pick of many jobs, and suddenly had money, but they still hated Donald Trump because that's what they were told to do. Had no clue that there sudden employment was only because of him. Sad really.

Edit want to point something else out. We would hire an American worker. Turned out to be a star employee. 2 weeks later they would come back and fire them because they found out they were felons over stu pid shit from 10+ years earlier, which they mentioned during their application and interview process. Meanwhile we had actual self-admitted pedophiles who were fugitives from 3rd world countries getting hired on the spot because there's no background checks for illegals. Really messed up system.
Last edited by WokeCat; 01-23-2023 at 04:33 AM..
Old 01-23-2023, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I worked for Asplundh and Davey Tree and illegal immigrants literally destroyed the industry:

Just a video I have uploaded already (before people act like I'm making this up), I have thousands of my funny interactions with illegal immigrants coming up to me while I was on my phone and just recording them asking ridiculous questions and stuff.

Asplund and Davey both got fined heavily because of this, and it was only because Trump got elected. Our working conditions became dramatically higher paying and safer once they started to purge the illegals.

Always cracks me up when people say it doesn't affect Americans, or that Americans are just lazy and don't want to work. Most of the time what they mean is that Americans can't afford to work for the wages that illegals are. They will literally cram 10 of them into a hotel and pay them minimum wage, and they'll be happy AF.

Working with Mexicans was super dangerous because they can't speak your language (2-way communication is critical for tree work, lack of communication is what kills most loggers and trimmers). Imagine being 200 feet in the air of some tree you climbed, when all of the sudden you hear a chainsaw below you, and realize a Mexican who doesn't speak english is cutting down a tree next to you. You scream at him, he doesn't speak English, so he thinks he's in trouble and starts cutting down more trees.

I've literally had trees cut down on top of the tree I'm already in, pulling the power line with them, into my tree. Terrifying moments. Can't train these guys because they don't speak english, and they really have no reason to want to learn anything since they're just there for the free money.

The company you're working for doesn't care because they can hire 10 of them for the cost of one skilled American arborist, and then charge the company that contracted them more because they have "10 men on the job." In reality it's one American working with a bunch of illegals standing around doing nothing. Can remember when my boss was giving me a hard time b ecause I was on a jobsite that had 120 trees that needed to be climbed.

Boss said it needed to be done in one day. I complained I didn't have enough people. So he sends me a bunch of non english speaking Mexicans and makes the situation 10 x worse. None of them had ever touched a Chainsaw or climbed a tree before. It is what it is.

The factories in my area also started hiring felons and black people who had been unemployable for 10+ years because illegals were cheaper. Once the illegals got kicked out, people I knew who had been unemployed for 10+ years suddenly had their pick of many jobs, and suddenly had money, but they still hated Donald Trump because that's what they were told to do. Had no clue that there sudden employment was only because of him. Sad really.

Edit want to point something else out. We would hire an American worker. Turned out to be a star employee. 2 weeks later they would come back and fire them because they found out they were felons over stu pid shit from 10+ years earlier, which they mentioned during their application and interview process. Meanwhile we had actual self-admitted pedophiles who were fugitives from 3rd world countries getting hired on the spot because there's no background checks for illegals. Really messed up system.
Good feedback
Old 01-23-2023, 04:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lol didnt rewatch this vid but if it it’s what I remember ,
Is this where you go “I’ll try anything once” when they talking about fucking a donkey or something 😹😹😹
Old 01-22-2023, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Define a, "woman".
Old 01-22-2023, 01:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Define a, "woman".
Question 4:

Quote:
Define a, "woman".

A "woman" is an adult human female. The term is typically used to distinguish adult females from girls and boys, who are also female and male respectively. A woman is generally characterized by having two X chromosomes and the ability to bear children. Additionally, women have physical and hormonal characteristics such as the presence of breasts, wider hips and a higher percentage of body fat than men, although there can be variations in these characteristics and some individuals may not fit into the typical mold of female. The social, cultural, and historical context also shapes the definition of woman and the roles and expectations placed on them.