Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: When should green reset?
As soon as possible 221 63.32%
March 16th 86 24.64%
>4 Months from now 42 12.03%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2023, 01:15 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm new also, hope it doesn't reset for awhile I guess
Old 05-17-2023, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

If you're new to green, a brand new server starting is the best scenario for you. Starting out with a blank slate, when everyone else also has a blank slate is ideal imo.
Old 05-18-2023, 02:23 PM
Kobold

Don’t listen to these “wait for new server folks” or you’ll never play p99 ��
Old 05-18-2023, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevarianX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don’t listen to these “wait for new server folks” or you’ll never play p99 ��
The best era of EQ is Right Now and always will be.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-21-2024, 01:23 PM
Aviak

I'm super excited to dive back in after a long break, but stumbling upon a recent(ish) call for a reset brings up mixed feelings haha. Lately, I've noticed a few similar discussions popping up on Reddit too (thanks to google tracking all my data probably haha).

I can't deny that the prospect of a fresh start, especially with everyone in the game, is always exhilarating (in any game really). It sparks ambition and sets the imagination racing with thoughts of new goals and revisiting old activities with more grit and skill.

Soo anyway, this might be a bit of a stretch, but perhaps worth considering -- that if the typical lifespan of a server is usually a few years, then a reset soon might align well with an official release of Monsters & Memories. They are making strides with development since I looked last!! and I suspect everyone in this community (even the p1999 devs) will want to spend a solid amount of time exploring that to the fullest.

Regardless, it would be great to have some advance notice before a reset, whenever it might happen. People from all walks of life would surely appreciate having time to prepare and confirmation that the progress of the past few months won't just vanish (yes, some selfish thoughts there lol).

That said, I can only imagine that planning, announcing, and executing such a significant change to the servers and population comes with countless nuances and challenges. So far, though, it's clear that all the big decisions made in the past have been for the best -- with the lights still on and the skeletons still cackling in 2024, this is all pretty great =)
Last edited by solidious77; 03-21-2024 at 01:26 PM..
Old 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidious77 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm super excited to dive back in after a long break, but stumbling upon a recent(ish) call for a reset brings up mixed feelings haha. Lately, I've noticed a few similar discussions popping up on Reddit too (thanks to google tracking all my data probably haha).

I can't deny that the prospect of a fresh start, especially with everyone in the game, is always exhilarating (in any game really). It sparks ambition and sets the imagination racing with thoughts of new goals and revisiting old activities with more grit and skill.

Soo anyway, this might be a bit of a stretch, but perhaps worth considering -- that if the typical lifespan of a server is usually a few years, then a reset soon might align well with an official release of Monsters & Memories. They are making strides with development since I looked last!! and I suspect everyone in this community (even the p1999 devs) will want to spend a solid amount of time exploring that to the fullest.

Regardless, it would be great to have some advance notice before a reset, whenever it might happen. People from all walks of life would surely appreciate having time to prepare and confirmation that the progress of the past few months won't just vanish (yes, some selfish thoughts there lol).

That said, I can only imagine that planning, announcing, and executing such a significant change to the servers and population comes with countless nuances and challenges. So far, though, it's clear that all the big decisions made in the past have been for the best -- with the lights still on and the skeletons still cackling in 2024, this is all pretty great =)
There's no "reset"

If a merge happened you'd keep all your chars etc. They would just be on a combined server and eventually there might be a new fresh server as well.
Old 03-21-2024, 05:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no "reset"

If a merge happened you'd keep all your chars etc. They would just be on a combined server and eventually there might be a new fresh server as well.
Thank you for being explicit! If there was a new server, many people (including myself) would want to start a new character there; so for many its effectively a reset.

My point was moreso that project 1999 is an amazing game. I am grateful I get to play and so I'm certainly not complaining; I'm just relaying what we all know. That EQ can be a demanding game, so it would be pretty great that IF there IS going to be a reset (or a new fresh server as you put it), that there is some communication around time-frame rather than just dropping the hammer and doing it overnight kinda thing.

If I recall there was a whole schedule for the green server launch and cool video too haha. So just judging by the past then there will likely be some communication anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-21-2024, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

I'm ready to invest in another few backpacks of manastones on a fresh server.

Anyone else?
Old 03-21-2024, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm ready to invest in another few backpacks of manastones on a fresh server.

Anyone else?
What kind of investment is that?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-21-2024, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

ya'll should just re-implement legacy items like they did on that 'other server' make them no drop and cooler looking )