Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2021, 03:18 AM
Planar Protector

Default A bunch of Paladin soloing questions - levels 52+

So I have a paladin twink I am trying to solo from 52 to 60, or at least as much as possible. I feel like at this point in the leveling process a lot of the nuances become more important for leveling efficiently, so any advice / feedback is much appreciated! Here are some of the questions I have...

How much of a difference does having a shield make? Both in terms of damage reduction, and the ability to bash. I'm gonna spend some DKP on tov weaps and I'm wondering if a shield / 1h combo is significantly better than all the nice 2h options that are there.

What zones / camps would you recommend as good leveling options along the way? Not interested in grouping so the hole is out, unless there are some camps in there to solo at.

Which lull do you use? The later ones obviously are not only more mana to cast, but they have a longer cast time and re-cast time. Do they have a higher chance of landing? My understanding is they don't have a better chance to land, just that they have better reduction radius and last longer. I've been sticking with calm over pacify since it is half the mana and i can cast and re-cast it faster. Very curious though if y'all go with pacify, or maybe even one of the lower level versions like soothe

What deepwater pieces are useful for their clickies? So far I picked up the gloves since i figure its great to have a mana free MR buff that is the same as the best one in my spell book. Greaves obviously are a str buff that we are unable to cast, but it seems like a lot of plat for 18 strength. Someone told me the BP can be used to heal, not just be a mana free buff...is that true? Are there any other DW pieces you find yourselves using?

Along the same lines, are there any quest armor clickies that are very useful?

Last question I have is a quick one lol, do y'all ever use spells from the yaulp buff line or the reckless strength buff line?

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer any of the questions =)