Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 11:11 AM
Skeleton

Default Question regarding IP exemptions.

I have been trying to play with my roommate. for over a week now with no response and no other way of playing together. Now if i were to log in with her and we start new characters and just start playing while the exemption is pending, that's liable to get us both banned right?
Old 10-09-2016, 12:06 PM
Orc

From what I've read in other posts, it can take 3+ months for an exemption. As for logging in without an exemption, I don't believe the server will allow you to. Have a wifi hotspot on you phone? That should work.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Until you get an exemption j would tether. IP exception are done in batches. Unless a specific case arises.

Bump

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 10-09-2016, 02:33 PM
Skeleton

Nah unfortunately I dont have WiFi hotspots or anything. That's too bad. We were hoping to play sometime soon.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroixRaoul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah unfortunately I dont have WiFi hotspots or anything. That's too bad. We were hoping to play sometime soon.
Do you have a cell phone with a decent amount of internet data per month? You might be able to tether it to one of the computers so the both of you can play at the same time until your IP exemption goes through.

Good luck!
Old 10-09-2016, 06:04 PM
Large Bat

I spoke with a GM yesterday about it and there's apparently a huge backlog of them to go through. Other than letting me know about the no bumping thing, there wasn't a lot of information that he provided that you didn't already know.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroixRaoul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been trying to play with my roommate. for over a week now with no response and no other way of playing together. Now if i were to log in with her and we start new characters and just start playing while the exemption is pending, that's liable to get us both banned right?
Use your cell phone's tethering. Most tethering services are like 20 dollars a month.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:52 PM
Aviak

Doh, same issue with me and the wife..... i guess she doesnt get to play LOL
Old 10-15-2016, 01:53 PM
Kobold

Most cellphone companies allow tethering. Some do 2 gigs of data for 20 a month, others have other packages for 1 dollar a day.

If you can tether a PC with your phone, you should be fine waiting for the IP exemption by playing with that on one PC. EQ, online games, and MMOs in general use very little data to communicate with the server and EQ especially doesn't need super high speed, just average speed, so it's fine on phone.
Old 10-15-2016, 01:56 PM
Orc

just wait it out its a bit of a crappy wait. I was reacting the same way thought it was being ignored, so i ignored the game/thread and i got up one morning 3 weeks after putting the thread up and got the email that it had been accepted.
Closed Thread