Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-09-2020, 10:43 PM
Aviak

definatly somthing going on with them, ive always used it and now for the first time ever today it made me sign in again, but then still wouldnt connect, ran the game without it though no problems. but it wineq just will not work for some reason..
Old 06-09-2020, 11:32 PM
Sarnak

Same. Was running just fine earlier today and now it won't connect.

I got it to run at some point, but then it would timeout when trying to launch the EQ profile.

Restarting didn't help.

EDIT: worked, albeit slowly, as of 8:33 pm PDT.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:45 AM
Orc

Same here.
I did a un-install then a new install and still having problems. Its not connecting as it should.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:13 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The server was down, hence the issues. It seems to heavily rely on a connection to the servers at least upon start-up. It came back up later last night, so all should be back to normal.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenja [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server was down, hence the issues. It seems to heavily rely on a connection to the servers at least upon start-up. It came back up later last night, so all should be back to normal.
nope still not working.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

For those that are still having issues (like I was) the following got it working for me:

Fixed it by doing the following:
1) Copied WinEQ-EQ.ini to desktop to preserve WinEQ's EQ settings
2) Uninstalled WinEQ2 by running uninst-wineq2.exe in the WinEQ2 folder
3) Reinstalled WinEQ2 and launched WinEQ2 and it quickly downloads patches.
4) Close WinEQ2, copy WinEQ-EQ.ini back to WinEQ2 folder

This was posted on the LavishSoft WinEQ2 forums - here it worked for me so may help others experiencing the same issues.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It was working sporadically the end of last night and most of today but has begun to struggle again, so it's possible that for those of you who were still experiencing issues it was during those momentary windows of time when it went down again.

It seems to not be tied to lavishsoft.com itself but another server. Either way, if you read the comments on the referenced forum thread, you'll see that others agree it has to do with server issues on lavish's end and is presenting itself on our local machines as they try to load or do anything.

The fact that this issue is occurring for a number of people and all at the same time implies it has nothing to do with the local install itself but rather what we all need to connect to in order for this to work.

I wish there was a reasonable alternative. Having your product - which has no need to rely on a connection to server - come to a halt when there are server issues is just setting yourself up for failure.

I'm surprised there aren't more people posting here or on the lavish forum.

Edit: Reinstalling and waiting on it to just load and download updates is proof enough there is an issue on their end. This is absurd.
Last edited by nenja; 06-10-2020 at 06:46 PM..
Old 06-10-2020, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Performed a fresh re-install, continually getting the following error trying to log in:

Connected to Lavish Software successfully, but got disconnected. This is typically due to network congestion on your local network, or your ISP.

No ISP issues and I'm currently hardwired into my router. Not sure what could be going on as it was just working a few hours ago.
I'm having the same issue... just started happening yesterday. I assumed it was from a dreaded Windows update, but looks like it's a problem with winEQ.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 06-10-2020, 07:00 PM
Sarnak

Reinstall did not seem to help. However, if you keep trying it will eventually let you through. Took about 3-4 launches of WinEQ2 to finally work, and then about 6-7 times running the EQ profile for it to not time out. Once the game loads, you are fine.

Annoying as hell, though. Hope they fix it soon.

YMMV
Old 07-01-2020, 06:00 AM
Large Bat

Windows 10 2004 update.... EQ messed UP.

I've always used WinEQ 2.0 and capped FPS at 90, since update of Windows won't go over 35 FPS and CHUGGS along.

Thought it was an issue with running WinEQ 2.0 with new Windows 10 patch but even just launching from eqgame.exe same issue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]