Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 05:35 PM
Sarnak

The Architects of Western Decline: A Study on the Frankfurt School and Cultural Marxism
Old 08-23-2017, 05:42 PM
Banned

You know most you guys have spent waaaay too much time learning about how evil people like Mao are to pay attention to what he discovered. He discovered that it wasn't city factory workers that can create the revolution. Their aren't enough of them and a huge portion of them are not even planning to stay in the U.S. (China in his case).

The countryside. That's where the revolutionary potential is. That's where the people that know how to take care of themselves but are repressed by local elites live. That's where you get people that will actually care about the long term of the country (that aren't already libbed-up office professionals).

So guys can keep talking about "the left" all you want. But that's not who my eye is on. It's whenever things finally start getting shitty enough in the countryside. For everyone to realize that their land is being bought up and their business corporatize.

When the banks start coming for the family farm in mass -- that's when "the commies" will show up.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My family is Muslim so no

Islam is nazism in a slightly different form and while I disagree with the religion, if you came after my family I'd drag you behind an f-250 on a gravel road

God bless
lol pras. make it an F-350 King Ranch and we're talkin

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 08-23-2017, 06:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know most you guys have spent waaaay too much time learning about how evil people like Mao are to pay attention to what he discovered. He discovered that it wasn't city factory workers that can create the revolution. Their aren't enough of them and a huge portion of them are not even planning to stay in the U.S. (China in his case).

The countryside. That's where the revolutionary potential is. That's where the people that know how to take care of themselves but are repressed by local elites live. That's where you get people that will actually care about the long term of the country (that aren't already libbed-up office professionals).

So guys can keep talking about "the left" all you want. But that's not who my eye is on. It's whenever things finally start getting shitty enough in the countryside. For everyone to realize that their land is being bought up and their business corporatize.

When the banks start coming for the family farm in mass -- that's when "the commies" will show up.
I'm counting on the religious who can be fooled to believe almost anything and act on it with pious conviction.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblewitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm counting on the religious who can be fooled to believe almost anything and act on it with pious conviction.
I agree but for a different reason. The Mormons are the last hope for this country to stop obesity and single motherhood
Old 08-23-2017, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pointing out revolution is inevitable under certain circumstances does not a threat make. The possibility of a illiberal revolution (wouldn't say large scale violence is likely) should be some incentive for the elite to give back a bit. But I don't see them doing it. Historically the elite simply can't imagine why anyone would seriously want to change anything. They assume what has happened for a long time will happen for ever. Until they are deposed -- and then they try distance themselves from the old regime (like the opportunists they are) like anyone is going to buy that.
this is the danger of placating one's conscience in the subsidy of failure. a man not given to thought will never be and neutering one's mind in collective delusion to the contrary changes neither his nature nor his state.

verily he will come for you who are his better, more intelligent, conscientious, attractive, virtuous in your natural fitness. in spite of your charity, indeed contemptuous of the modesty of it, he will take, by force, that which fate, by way of the natural order, has unjustly denied him. the cruelty wrought of your own incomplete and deluded compassion having bred a a swell of hate and disdain, now the enthusiastic usher of your own undoing.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:23 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Unless your in the top 10 elite-only universities -- The professors are just life long nerds that honestly want to know the truth about their subject. Even some of those at elite universities are. Most of them travel and spend a lot of time in the field despite the Ivory Tower stero-type (again, the stero-type is more accurate for Ivy League types).

Despite what you may have herd, intellectuals don't always cater to Ivy scholarship. Just the government and those in power. Mid-tier professors are actually totally against the system because they feel like its holding smart people like them back. They feel like they can't have an intelligent conversation because the media distracts everyone. They feel like the wrong people in society make too much money etc...

So this idea that college = elitist is a little misleading. There is a real learning and discovery at universities -- even if most the students are just there to have fun 4 years and get a professional entry-level job (hopefully).

The best example I can give on the divide between real intellectuals from the university and media intellectuals from playing who's who -- is Noam Chomsky vs other media pundits.

Noam is an peace dove know-it-all geek, but he doesn't play ball with the elites (he is happy studying and living on his trust fund). So you never see him on T.V. or hear about his ideas, unless you go to a mid-level university and have a professor explain them to you at the end of a 400 level social science class. In my experience, about 3% of people that age even understand wtf he talking about.

I think in order to make this country any better we got to stop it with the jocks vs nerds mentality of labour-oriented conservatives and university-oriented teachers. It's just guised anti-intellectualism on the right. But on the left, its a kind of ugly contempt that would better be directed against those actually causing the problems in society.
private school maybe, public schools LOLno

10 years ago maybe, current year hahahhahahahahhahaa

professors like that may exist in the public system but they're very few and far between. rock the boat even slightly and you're fired and blacklisted these days. ever say an edgy thing on the internet once in your life? well that student you failed for not showing up to the test is going to find that and complain to the admin. etc.
Last edited by Xaanka; 08-23-2017 at 06:25 PM..
Old 08-23-2017, 07:05 PM
Banned

Let's see if the left decides UC berkely is a nazi after this.

Also I take offence to the wording "Charlottesville, with their racism"

what do you mean, THEIR racism? You saying everyone in Charlottesville is racist? smh trump would be ripped apart for that wording.

anyway, the left is going to go nuts reading this I'm sure, who wants to bet they protest for her the sacking of this chancoler over it.

Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,

This fall, the issue of free speech will once more engage our community in powerful and complex ways. Events in Charlottesville, with their racism, bigotry, violence and mayhem, make the issue of free speech even more tense. The law is very clear; public institutions like UC Berkeley must permit speakers invited in accordance with campus policies to speak, without discrimination in regard to point of view. The United States has the strongest free speech protections of any liberal democracy; the First Amendment protects even speech that most of us would find hateful, abhorrent and odious, and the courts have consistently upheld these protections.

But the most powerful argument for free speech is not one of legal constraint—that we’re required to allow it—but of value. The public expression of many sharply divergent points of view is fundamental both to our democracy and to our mission as a university. The philosophical justification underlying free speech, most powerfully articulated by John Stuart Mill in his book On Liberty, rests on two basic assumptions. The first is that truth is of such power that it will always ultimately prevail; any abridgement of argument therefore compromises the opportunity of exchanging error for truth. The second is an extreme skepticism about the right of any authority to determine which opinions are noxious or abhorrent. Once you embark on the path to censorship, you make your own speech vulnerable to it.

Berkeley, as you know, is the home of the Free Speech Movement, where students on the right and students on the left united to fight for the right to advocate political views on campus. Particularly now, it is critical that the Berkeley community come together once again to protect this right. It is who we are.

Nonetheless, defending the right of free speech for those whose ideas we find offensive is not easy. It often conflicts with the values we hold as a community—tolerance, inclusion, reason and diversity. Some constitutionally-protected speech attacks the very identity of particular groups of individuals in ways that are deeply hurtful. However, the right response is not the heckler’s veto, or what some call platform denial. Call toxic speech out for what it is, don’t shout it down, for in shouting it down, you collude in the narrative that universities are not open to all speech. Respond to hate speech with more speech.

We all desire safe space, where we can be ourselves and find support for our identities. You have the right at Berkeley to expect the university to keep you physically safe. But we would be providing students with a less valuable education, preparing them less well for the world after graduation, if we tried to shelter them from ideas that many find wrong, even dangerous. We must show that we can choose what to listen to, that we can cultivate our own arguments and that we can develop inner resilience, which is the surest form of safe space. These are not easy tasks, and we will offer support services for those who desire them.

This September, Ben Shapiro and Milo Yiannopoulos have both been invited by student groups to speak at Berkeley. The university has the responsibility to provide safety and security for its community and guests, and we will invest the necessary resources to achieve that goal. If you choose to protest, do so peacefully. That is your right, and we will defend it with vigor. We will not tolerate violence, and we will hold anyone accountable who engages in it.
We will have many opportunities this year to come together as a Berkeley community over the issue of free speech; it will be a free speech year. We have already planned a student panel, a faculty panel and several book talks. Bridge USA and the Center for

New Media will hold a day-long conference on October 5; PEN, the international writers’ organization, will hold a free speech convening in Berkeley on October 23. We are planning a series in which people with sharply divergent points of view will meet for a moderated discussion. Free speech is our legacy, and we have the power once more to shape this narrative.

Sincerely,
Carol Christ

Chancellor
Old 08-23-2017, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtwoke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it's the Nazi's and Trumps fault. Antifa are just protecting humanity.
You and my 14 year old nephew would get along well. He will amount to nothing by the time he's your age too.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

i been on that next shit,

xaanka like how come?

posters want my old shit,

i said buy my old album,

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Closed Thread