Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 05:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was actually quite awhile after release that people found out the whole exp penalty being shared with the party, and shortly after it was realized int casters also had a penalty. It wasn't until early kunark that I noticed any sort of "hybrid-exclusion". One of verant's worst ideas ever.
They can make the server as accurate to reality classic as possible, but you cant take away peoples knowledge of the game today sadly hehe.
Old 05-11-2019, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

I missed classic on both Live and Blue. Not going to make that mistake a third time. Can't wait.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not for awhile you won't. Stonebrunt and Warrens aren't added until later.
Aha! Ok thank you for saying that.

I remember a long time ago going to Stonebrunt for the first time and being there with a bunch of other people. And some part of that memory said it was when it was first added.

Later I just convinced myself it was always there.

Thank you for correcting my faulty memories.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aha! Ok thank you for saying that.

I remember a long time ago going to Stonebrunt for the first time and being there with a bunch of other people. And some part of that memory said it was when it was first added.

Later I just convinced myself it was always there.

Thank you for correcting my faulty memories.
NP. We can all blame Verant for slacking on those zones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:33 PM
Aviak

They can just... remove the exp penalty? Sure, some dorks would bitch but they would ultimately play on the server.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:25 AM
Banned

Hybrid shunning is bad for the game and should be removed at the start.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not every monk/necro being iskar

Groups in crushbone and unrest being a actual struggle with no level 20 fungi tunic rogues

Market going back to being amazing with spider silks/CB belts going like hot cakes

Full bronze/banded being your twink

Cant wait for real EQ1 99
For a second there I thought you were describing <ALS>! sounds just like us.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 05-12-2019, 06:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 05-13-2019, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who disagree about it being bad, but it was indeed classic. Unfortunately for any would-be-hybrid players, it seems that the intent of this server is to recreate the "classic" progression as faithfully as possible,warts and all.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who disagree about it being bad, but it was indeed classic. Unfortunately for any would-be-hybrid players, it seems that the intent of this server is to recreate the "classic" progression as faithfully as possible,warts and all.
Also remember though for a lot of people it's about the journey. Playing a troll SK with that XP penalty? You'll still get there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm sure there'll be a bunch of min max halfling druids on day 1.