Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Default What is a good level to start doing Crystal Caverns?

Approaching 30 now, planning on doing HHK guards until 35-40. Wondering what a good level would be to start doing CC and raking in that velium/geode coin?
Old 06-11-2019, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

I recall 30 being the start for CC. I dont remember what lvl I started doing the geoids on my shaman but I wanna say it was around 38- 40? Stayed there till 46 or 47 iirc.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 06-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

I had a really tough time in CC trying to solo Genoids on my Shaman at 40. I didn’t have a fungi tho. *shrug*
Old 06-11-2019, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

The Per-Level Hunting Guide says 31 is the starting level for doing orcs, and 36 is the starting level for geonids.

Neither entry mentions classes though, so YMMV depending on your class vs. the class of whoever added those entries.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Per-Level Hunting Guide says 31 is the starting level for doing orcs, and 36 is the starting level for geonids.

Neither entry mentions classes though, so YMMV depending on your class vs. the class of whoever added those entries.
Ranger. Ideally I'd like to start doing CC around...maybe 39 (new spells then)? If I can't take Genoids there's still orcs near the town, stalag terrors, etc. I plan to do a lot of Kael too.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:13 PM
Sarnak

I’d say realistically maybe 44-46 for ranger depending on gear for geos
Old 06-11-2019, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d say realistically maybe 44-46 for ranger depending on gear for geos
Geos are underconned, huh?

Is there any white, equal level target as you journey that a melee can fight one on one without big problems? Or is everything harder than it cons after a certain level?
Old 06-11-2019, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Geos are underconned, huh?

Is there any white, equal level target as you journey that a melee can fight one on one without big problems? Or is everything harder than it cons after a certain level?
Id say you could solo them at 40 with a fungi. Probably 42-44 without one. The main thing with the geoids is they hit like trucks unless you slow them. If you pickup that ranger slow sword it'd help a ton.

You can easily kill the spiders or terror hall for sure at 40 id think, if not the geoids. Might just be smart to bring a shaman partner and duo with ease.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 06-11-2019, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id say you could solo them at 40 with a fungi. Probably 42-44 without one. The main thing with the geoids is they hit like trucks unless you slow them. If you pickup that ranger slow sword it'd help a ton.

You can easily kill the spiders or terror hall for sure at 40 id think, if not the geoids. Might just be smart to bring a shaman partner and duo with ease.
If a guildie wants to, absolutely.

On the fair chance that I'm never able to get a geode camp going though, depending on how often it's camped, is there a player market for velium ore? Wanted to do CC more for the money than the experience, and was hoping to make some good bank there to start saving up for MQ's and more expensive gear.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

35 or so for spiders
Closed Thread