Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
me? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, others. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-25-2019, 02:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As Irfzero meticulously goes over, there's not much you can draw from this post except that possibly ~1 min charms are to be expected with 120 charisma (though the sample size is low and possibly not the same mob type). From what I recall, charm does resist checks every tick based on level/MR/Cha, so if one of those is lacking, you're gonna have a bad time.
Thanks, appreciate your response without the attitude. Never played a chanter, so yes as a rogue I don't know some of these things... yet. Thanks for the response.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:49 AM
Fire Giant

That's really low charisma. If you start a HE with 115 charisma, then add in level 34 charisma buff you're at 145 already. Plus some jewelry and/or opaline earrings and you're 160+ even as a fresh enchanter on a new server.

I leveled up fully naked and solo on red from 1-51. Charming worked just fine. Get your charisma up and charm the lowest blue cons you can find

edit: You will have to do research on green if you want to be able to efficiently play an enchanter as well.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:11 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Looks like it could be a few things..
1. Low charisma
2. Mob have natural high MR?
3. Super unlucky?
4. Blue mob but is it 1 level under? 2? 3?
Old 10-25-2019, 03:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's really low charisma. If you start a HE with 115 charisma, then add in level 34 charisma buff you're at 145 already. Plus some jewelry and/or opaline earrings and you're 160+ even as a fresh enchanter on a new server.

I leveled up fully naked and solo on red from 1-51. Charming worked just fine. Get your charisma up and charm the lowest blue cons you can find

edit: You will have to do research on green if you want to be able to efficiently play an enchanter as well.
Looking for a guild?
Old 10-25-2019, 03:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks, appreciate your response without the attitude. Never played a chanter, so yes as a rogue I don't know some of these things... yet. Thanks for the response.
Ok, so you're a new enchanter, I'm sorry for the attitude.

The original post reads like a crap post to me and he even replies to the 1st response calling him a "petty mutt" regarding a fact based statement about common EQ vernacular and I read your post as crap post support group.

The title of this post and his first sentence is ambiguous until he talks about charm. Enchanters can summon pets too, how does the phrase "higher pet drops" apply to summoned pets? There is a serious lack of clarity in the words he uses.

Sorry again, play an enchanter and have fun... die to charm breaks~
Old 10-25-2019, 03:58 AM
Orc

If the only reason you want to play an enchanter is for ezpz charm leveling, you’re gonna have a bad time.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:00 AM
Planar Protector

A lot of people are going to be very surprised at launch when their intricately-planned leveling strategies go awry.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:10 AM
Planar Protector

Level difference makes a huge difference. If you think you can charm something one or two levels below you reliably “because it’s blue” you’re gonna have a real bad time
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yeah, it was mentioned a few times. I think all the points as to why the charms are breaking regularly have been clarified and it's unlikely due to any changes to game code.
Closed Thread