Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsdman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can just set up buffs/spell timers in GINA instead of writing a totally new program for it if you just want them to work instead of using it as programming practice. GINA can parse Regex, so it's really easy to just have it scream at you/throw up an overlay when whatever wears off of someone, plus tell you who it wore off of.

I can go dig through my massive pile of triggers and post some examples in a few minutes

Edit- Examples (Put these in search text field):
Basic trigger line for invis dropping: You feel yourself starting to appear

Enc mez timer that includes name of what you mezzed:
"(?<other>(?!{C}).+) has been mesmerized" then go to Timer tab, set Timer Name to "${other} Mezzed" and the timer to 24 seconds

You can make pretty much anything out of these examples. If you want a buff timer, just find the worn off message and plug it into the search text field. Swap the target name with (?<other>(?!{C}).+) then reference that name with ${other} anywhere else you want. You can make these for anything...invis dropping, charm/root/snare breaking, cast fizzles, emotes, interrupts, ANYTHING. GINA long ago stopped being optional on Live raids just because it can do ANYTHING.

No need to make a totally new program when GINA is already best at everything if you use it fully [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You can download a huge starter package of triggers at http://www.jaburt.com/eq/Hazimil_GINA.zip if you want, you'll just have to delete a bunch of the later triggers that don't apply to classic
It looks like you may not have seen my last post which was just a couple minutes before yours, so I'll respond under that assumption.

Gina definitely sounds powerful and the regex support is always nice, but it's more the UI aspect that I'm looking at. As I mentioned in my last post, I think what I'm looking for is more of a small status panel that has progress bars for all the active spells I want on the list.

None of the screenshots of Gina seem to show anything like that. It looks like it just sets off alarms or does a text to speech, which is good, but I would prefer not to have a program which can only tell me at the last minute what is expiring, but rather have a status panel in which I can quickly look at and make decisions based on what it is showing me. Of course it would also do alerts and such, so if I just wanted to be told what to cast when, I could simply wait for the alerts.

Maybe Gina does offer a small control panel type feature and I just missed it. I need to download it onto a VM and give it a whirl.

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Old 01-03-2015, 10:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yeah I did miss your last post writing mine, but GINA DOES have timer bars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You can set a timer bar for anything you want with any text you want and drag the timer bar overlay wherever you want it and size it as big/small as you want.

Disclaimer - I'm not affiliated with GINA at all, I just raided on EQ Live until a few weeks ago and GINA's as ingrained into the scene there as Teamspeak, so it's nice getting to see a whole new wave of people find out how awesome it is
Old 01-03-2015, 10:57 PM
Sarnak

I use gamtextriggers. You tell it what to scan for in your logs and it will put up a timer bar overlay. Also useful for locating rare items in the EC auction spam.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yup check out GINA, GTT's GINA's little brother that we all used until GINA happened [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread