Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 11:56 AM
Decaying Skeleton

The only bad thing about this server is that it'll have the abomination that is post-revamp Freeport.

PoP is a great cutoff area, and the AA system gives plenty of advancements for alts to stick around, having the LDoN adventures will help too.

It's been pretty obvious to me that all TLP's would start declining after the PoP-era, and it seems like it's finally become obvious enough for even DBG to take notice.

I think it's a smart move to have a locked server that won't progress past the parts people care about, a place you can come back to after breaks.

It won't be nearly as tough as it actually was back in the day, but then again neither is P99, as anyone fortunate enough to have played on EQMac will know.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

The hardness of p99 has gone way up over the years though, hard to notice that though due to item glut everywhere. Now if p99/red99 were to reboot fresh, and all those levels/gear regained in these days after all the years of bug fixes, it would be glorious.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froakula [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Takp will be perfect once they fix mouse stuck in window.
Torven says its fixed, but the client update rollout hasn't happened yet. That and the sticky alt key when tabbing across windows.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Torven says its fixed, but the client update rollout hasn't happened yet. That and the sticky alt key when tabbing across windows.
That's amazing news
Old 03-21-2017, 03:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boy P99 raiding sure is great. At least there's no RMT right guys? <Insert extremely sarcastic winky face>
You're right, false subscription currencies, the cash shop, XP pots and instanced content are way better...see you on Agnarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-21-2017, 05:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=268709

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=268708

Boy P99 raiding sure is great. At least there's no RMT right guys? <Insert extremely sarcastic winky face>
jcr has a point P99 isn't perfect

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-21-2017, 05:43 AM
Sarnak

Once I started playing on Agnarr, I will relog into p1999 once in a while and tell you some stories about the time I drank that tasty 75% exp potion to boost me through that annoying hell lev... oh wait, there are no hell Levels on Agnarr. There are just these smooth and fun levels to achieve instead of 30hours High Keep Basement.
Maybe then I will tell you about that time I sat around in Gfay hoping to grab a port to join my blackburrow Group, to finally find a wizard to port me to NK after one hour to make a 30min run through WK to join my friends in BB who by then had logged out... oh wait - that didn't happen, because I just went through PoK to Group up with my friends within 10mins. Very antisocial I gotta say, because PoK books clearly ruined the social aspect of harrassing random druids and wizards for 60mins instead of being in a Group to kill stuff.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...4-2017.239813/

May 24th Launch Date!
Old 04-18-2017, 04:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=268709

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=268708

Almost as great as having plebs who retired from the server still posting on the servers forums. Its fantastic!

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 04-18-2017, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

But it is so easy! xp pots?! clicky books, poor druids and wizards not needed anymore, well thats exactly why i quit live when i came back to see what it was like...that is not EQ! p99 is the end folks, we must accept this.
Closed Thread