Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 12:01 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Making an ALT, What is the easiest solo to 50 if fully twinked?

I want to make a solo character I can play while watching my daughter. So I can go afk whenever I need/want and not have to worry about group members. My main has become quite rich, so I can probably buy just about anything for this alt.

My thoughts -

Monk - With fungi, and crazy weapons things should be pretty smooth up to 35-40, but after that I am not sure. Monk has always been a class I wanted to play.

Necro - Can you even twink casters? I LOVE the idea of a necro, but never actually played one.

Enchanter - Charm soloing sounds really fun. but the idea of an enchanter in parties isnt all that appealing.

Mage - This was my main back in 1999. I loved it, but ive done it before, so not sure if i want to do it again.

Shadowknight - I know nothing about this class other than what ive seen in parties. But the idea of a shadow knight sounds cool.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

You can definitely twink casters, but it doesn't generally speed up the leveling process. At a certain point, mana regeneration will always be what holds you back.

Between a monk and an SK, the monk will be *easiest* in the sense that they will tank everything to 50 fine, and their DPS will make the mobs die much quicker. The SK will kill things quite slowly, and may have to rely upon fear kiting at some of the later levels.

If you want something that you can go afk whenever, I'd recommend the Monk, Necro, or SK. Being able to pop FD anywhere in the game and just leave is great. Enchanters and Mages will have to find somewhere safe or log out (losing pets, etc.).
Old 06-29-2018, 04:18 PM
Banned

Monk or Necro

Being able to FD and and be 100% safe is nice when needing frequent / prolonged AFKs.

Monk will require more cash, but will absolutely destroy if you do the classic fungi / t staff / RBG / etc. Plan on spending 150k if you wanna be uber twinked.

Necro you can spend like 25k and be good to go... but won't level a great deal faster than if you were naked. You'll just survive in certain situations where naked you'd have died.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Beware of those AoE while FD!

Which character would you rather have a level 50 of?

I rolled a wizard for my baby sitting toon. Just facetank nuke spammed most of the way to 50.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Ranger fear kiting will get you to 50 pretty easy once you get panic animal.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:40 PM
Banned

i'll concede NEC is useful for FD and oops gotta AFK /q
Old 06-29-2018, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Monk all day.

Can't really twink casters to much effect.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:16 PM
Orc

Not sure what you mean about enchanters not being fun in parties. Enchanters kick butt in parties. Charm DPS is unmatched by any class. Plus CC duty is pretty fun if you've got a puller that doesn't insist on single-pulling everything.

But as far as twinking, they definitely won't benefit from gear as much as other classes. Since they have no heals at all, you're going to rely on rune to keep your HP from dropping. If you ever get low hp, there's not much you can do besides sit and wait. The last thing you want is to have a bad charm break when you're already at low health.

If you want to twink an enchanter, I would recommend a Zlandi heart with a maple leaf mask for treeform illusion (+5 regen), and then keep troll illusion up.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:50 PM
Sarnak

My IKS MONK leveled the fastest of all my 9ish 50+ char including my rogue that had epic at lvl 10. Monks OP.
Last edited by Daloon; 06-29-2018 at 08:56 PM..
Old 06-29-2018, 11:55 PM
Fire Giant

i did the fungi+haste+good weapon+ac/hp etc. route on many alts, me too on a parental leave with a baby at home [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i know the feeling bro. and grats on the baby /o/

of them the "easiest" was the warrior. with sow pots (or jboots i guess), ring of invis and the combat bind wound trick with aforementioned twink it is a super easy class to solo 1-40+ (probably all the way to 50, but didn't get there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). for AFK well you can always pick a Hide race, or just go to any safespot and /afk it's not that hard heh.

the "fastest" was probably my dark elf SK? just because i knew where to go better and Ebon Mace is a crazy good weapon for cheap ^^ but the toolbox is definitely a nice addition to the warrior, and with hide and FD it was a very nice afk friendly character indeed.

the afk-friendliest was my druid and my wizard. a lot of medtime, teleport, hide (halfling/darkelf respectively), invis, etc. quadding is nice when you want to play 2 mins then afk 6 mins /hide to do whatever you have to do.

however i think the good answer is indeed iksar monk. if i could tolerate the IKS MNK fashionquest i would have one as well, but i feel they're too generic and ugly to play one ^^; but IKS MNK with a T-Staff, a Fungi, 34% haste and a shitload of bandages must be quite crazy fast to level up and super afk friendly with FD.

enjoy /o/