Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine feeling so threatened that your simulator of a 20-year old game might actually get a tiny bit more accurate, that you make an entire post about ... what exactly?
The point of the OP appears to be to poke a little fun at the obsessive enchanter posting you're doing over in the mage thread, and similar such crusades by others.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point of the OP appears to be to poke a little fun at the obsessive enchanter posting you're doing over in the mage thread, and similar such crusades by others.
The only "crusade" I'm on is the one in the upper-left corner of the screen, and it should be the crusade that everyone here is on.

R&N (and countless other volunteers) have given a huge amount of their personal time (years at this point) to let us all experience countless hours of a wonderful game ... a game that by all rights should have ended in '01! But, thanks to their efforts we all have been enjoying it (again) for over a decade now.

If you enjoy/appreciate any of that, why wouldn't you want to help them with the only thing they've ever asked the community for: assistance making this place even more classic than it already is?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Loramin, you are on a crusade because you post your "non researched belief" that charm didnt work the way it does right now in every thread about enchanters.

You have done none of what you say this server does, and yet here you go again talking about it like you have. Stop trying to push your shaman agenda on enchanters. It's obvious that you are super biased.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin, you are on a crusade because you post your "non researched belief" that charm didnt work the way it does right now in every thread about enchanters.

You have done none of what you say this server does, and yet here you go again talking about it like you have. Stop trying to push your shaman agenda on enchanters. It's obvious that you are super biased.
For the record, my Shaman is only one of my toons, and I literally haven't played him in months. I also have (among other toons) a 60 Druid, a 30-something Necro, and an Enchanter in his teens that I will someday level up. In other words, I both:

A) have plenty of practical knowledge of what it's like to level a charmer on P99, and

B) have "skin in the game": my advocacy is making my own future life harder!

No joke: I very much plan to take both my Necro and Enchanter (screw Bards, my wrists can't take it) to 60 here someday. This means that if my "crusade" succeeds in to make charming harder accurate here, it will make my own life much harder.

So why on earth would I advocate for something that makes my own life more difficult? Because I've had a ton of fun here! I'm appreciative of what the staff has given us, so I want to support them in their goal. Again, their goal is a more accurate emulator, and pretending our emulator is accurate when people are playing it in a massively different way than they did the original doesn't help them ... even if it makes it easier for my Enchanter to level up someday.

Also, you people seem to think live Enchanters were some terrible class: they weren't! Making Enchanters classic here won't end them, it will just make them want to group more, like they did on live.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:22 PM
Banned

Ignore them, Loramin. Everyone on TLP makes fun of how broken P99's charm system is, and every guide discourages new players from stacking Charisma because of how unrewarding it is. P99 is a custom server with a unique version of charm that doesn't even remotely resemble the system that was or is in place on live.

My guild leader actually made fun of me for wearing an Ishva robe and Siryn Hair Hood, and then I explained to him that all of my Enchanters gear is stuff I pieced together with stuff I already had in my bank. I didn't go out and buy a bunch of useless Charisma gear.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

You people?

bro I played an enchanter as my first class on tunare and rallos zek since the day the game launched, I charmed creatures and people every day it never got resisted. What i didnt know were a thing were AOE stuns and every cleric would /q the group if you charmed because everyone was a prickly back then.

9/10 times I would break charm myself and only use it as a reliable mez because I was a stupid ass teenager.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You people?

bro I played an enchanter as my first class on tunare and rallos zek since the day the game launched, I charmed creatures and people every day it never got resisted. What i didnt know were a thing were AOE stuns and every cleric would /q the group if you charmed because everyone was a prickly back then.

9/10 times I would break charm myself and only use it as a reliable mez because I was a stupid ass teenager.
IDK how accurate this really is. I always felt like Enchanters were useless in duels (I was on Tunare also). I remember dueling my friend and feeling like a bully because he went completely OOM trying to get his magic-based spells to land on me. Granted I was in full Skyshrine gear at the time.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Wait, I'm confused: are you saying you soloed your way to 60 through charming, P99-style ... or were you playing in a group like virtually every Enchanter did on live?

Old 06-16-2021, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait, I'm confused: are you saying you soloed your way to 60 through charming, P99-style ... or were you playing in a group like virtually every Enchanter did on live?
No I’m saying that charm didn’t behave the way you (don’t remember it) behaving
Old 06-16-2021, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

My support is always behind the Alphabear that is Loramin. Always appreciate you dude.
Closed Thread