Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IDK how accurate this really is. I always felt like Enchanters were useless in duels (I was on Tunare also). I remember dueling my friend and feeling like a bully because he went completely OOM trying to get his magic-based spells to land on me. Granted I was in full Skyshrine gear at the time.
the greatest dueler on rallos zek was a druid named starsparkle she won duels every minuet for months when the game lauched, i dueled her, she taught me how to charm. She charmed in every duel.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You right. I just wish we could go back to classic before people had the internet and could share strategies...
I think that we'll never get it back, but on mischife I do get that feeling of wonder that I havent had for years, wondering what the random loot drops will be for this mob Ive killed 1000 times before and never cared about
Old 06-16-2021, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

People need to stop ragging on enchanters and try to get laid or by someone who isn't a land whale.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Out of curiosity why is lull through walls on p99 is that an old game breaking bug we reverted to for classic? And it resulted in everyone thinking enchanters were too powerful?
Old 06-16-2021, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m also saying if I had videos of tech most back then I’ll bet you I could a solid with the chanter the same way, based off what I remember.
If it was as easy to charm on live as your memories suggest ... then why didn't Enchanters (or Druids, or Necros) do it a lot? Again, anyone who played on live '99-'01 remembers Enchanters mostly grouping, and Druids mostly root/rotting. And this is supported by evidence: you can find like 20 root/rotting Druid guides for every one charming guide on the Wayback machine.

I'm NOT saying "Enchanters/Druids/etc. never charmed on live": people did charm on live! But ... they didn't do it at all how people do it here, and again that's a fact, not an opinion. So why not?

Are you saying "all of those 30x or more live players were idiots who couldn't figure out how to use their spells?" That's one answer people give. Another is "their internet connections were worse" (which might explain it being a bit less popular ... but not 20 guides to 1 guide unpopular).

So what's your explanation for why every class on our emulator plays the same basic way as it did on live, except the charming ones, if our emulator truly does match live?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the greatest dueler on rallos zek was a druid named starsparkle she won duels every minuet for months when the game lauched, i dueled her, she taught me how to charm. She charmed in every duel.
And constantly ran away and stayed out of range of both the player and her own pet I'm sure. And likely gated or zoned if a recharm didn't go as planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ppl charm in pvp cuz if it breaks or is dispelled in ten seconds they just run and plug at the zone line with a massive train.
You can't even compare pvp and pve. Two different games. The goal in pvp isn't to grind exp. It's either ganking or interdiction and denial. Or blocking. Or zone control or whatever you want to call it.

Stop spewing bullshit.

Nerf charm.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My support is always behind the Alphabear that is Loramin. Always appreciate you dude.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it was as easy to charm on live as your memories suggest ... then why didn't Enchanters (or Druids, or Necros) do it a lot?
Quote:
until a certain someone name triangle started teaching people how to charm and then another person posted videos about it and here we are now.
The reason teh game is broken

Loramins work on the wiki.

The wiki is the single handed worst thing to happen to Everquest since luclin.

it turned social p99 into a solo only game where people read up on how to do things by themselves, instead of making friends to try to learn from them.

The only solution: There is none, so get used to it. At best zelda the second quest at the start of ever server, someone moves all the names and loot around (random loot tables similar to what is on mischife is a close second, but still easy to master)

Simply put, ever quest is an EASY GAME, what made it hard was everything was obfuscated behind bad information and nerds that didn't like to share power.

To be good at everquest, meant you were good at socializing. Ironic.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

I mean the fact that live players use p99's wiki should indicate that

WHAT WE DO HERE IS MORE POWERFUL THAN WHAT ANYONE DID ON LIVE, EVER.

This is why we charm with great power here.

We know too much.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:31 PM
Kobold

I don't buy that argument Jibartik. Wanna know why? Because our soft hand held asses didn't figure any of this shit out. The real paying players did back then the hard way. They had 10x more skill than any of us. "Live players just weren't doing it right" is a BS argument. They are the ones that paved the way for what we do here. Thousands and thousands of brains is better than a few thousands +some time added. We just use recycled cheese sauce. We didn't pioneer the recipe.
Closed Thread