Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way they spoke "Classic", to me at least it made it sound like every single thing that was in the game, as close to the timeline as possible, up until timeline ending right at the Luclin launch then nothing new will be added, ever. Just the possibility of a new server to start over.

It is good to know that what I thought classic meant is wrong though.
No, you understood it perfectly. Every server that exists currently in project 1999 AND the recycle server that won't even exist for years are all "as classic as possible." That means just content from the original trilogy, and a UI that resembles the original UI as much as possible (ie. modulo stuff like buff timers and lighting which can't be fixed for technical reasons).

As others have said someday, many years from now, the devs have expressed in interest in creating their own content. This content may get added to a new server, or it might get added to the blue/red of 4+ years from now (I doubt recycle will get it as it will be the "true classic" server) ... but it's so far off it really isn't even worth speculating about. As far as the next few years of Project 1999 go, it's all classic, all the time.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezalor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do you plan to be playing here in the year 2020 when this question might actually be somewhat relevant?
Well stated lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2015, 11:11 AM
Large Rat

Until everyone has to look at this UI http://i.imgur.com/XOmiJa2.png

Not classic.

I'm being snarky, classic means something different to each of us. For some when they stopped playing was when classic ended, others dislike features added in to improve the game (the "in my day we walked uphill both ways" syndrome) like pixels that makes people feel unique and special, to have been there and done that.

It's up to the team ultimately as they're doing it. But there is no reason we can't try and bounce ideas around.. this game is all about community after all.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andurian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Until everyone has to look at this UI http://i.imgur.com/XOmiJa2.png

Not classic.
Yes, please, and thank you.

Or Classic Full Screen mode, 6 hot buttons, 1 chat window:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Then the epic Velious upgrade to the UI, 10 hot buttons, 1 chat window:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2015, 11:58 AM
Banned

1 chat window to rule them all, make it so
Old 04-15-2015, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This please.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

Luclin.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That would be freaking hardcore.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-16-2015, 05:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That would be freaking hardcore.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the EC Tunnel it would be a nightmare with Auctions, Guild chat, ooc, talking in tells. I can see a Migraine Headache coming on right now, and a Panic Attack lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-16-2015, 05:23 AM
Planar Protector

Throttle everyone's connections to 4kb/sec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread