Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 10:41 PM
Sarnak

Default crashing on green when camping

When green first came out I had an issue with crashing on camping. Someone posted a fix for this that worked a treat. I have had to reinstall the game and it is doing it again. What was that fix?
Thanks.
Old 12-20-2020, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

this issue started for me over the summer when wineq started messing up. they had a lot of complaints on the forums. not sure if a fix is out.
Old 12-20-2020, 10:57 PM
Banned

and here i thought this was just expected behavior for years
Old 12-20-2020, 11:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shourty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When green first came out I had an issue with crashing on camping. Someone posted a fix for this that worked a treat. I have had to reinstall the game and it is doing it again. What was that fix?
Thanks.
It depends where you installed the Titanium Client

If Everquest isn't installed in the Program FilesX86/Sony default directory this can happen
Old 12-20-2020, 11:33 PM
Kobold

Yeah that happens to me too. Feels like it happens like a quarter of the time I log out.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

It's only happened to me on green.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:04 AM
Sarnak

Happens to me too. Someone in the tech forum said the fix is to set eqgame's compatibility thing to XP service pack 2, but when I do that, the game can't recognize any UI files or system settings and reverts everything to default. So I just live with the fact that it crashes 90% of the time when I camp.
Old 12-21-2020, 01:36 AM
Banned

I get "Everquest has detected that your client may have crashed" or something about the XML files. Just happens randomly, if I leave the client at the char select overnight and then try to log in in the morning it happens almost every time.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noselacri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Happens to me too. Someone in the tech forum said the fix is to set eqgame's compatibility thing to XP service pack 2, but when I do that, the game can't recognize any UI files or system settings and reverts everything to default. So I just live with the fact that it crashes 90% of the time when I camp.
You get this because you have the game installed in Program Files, which is a protected directory it can't write to unless you also run it as an administrator. Otherwise, your UI files are written to your user's temp folder under C:\Users\<Username>\AppData.

Move your install out of Program Files to something like C:\Games\Everquest, or (in addition to changing the compatibility mode) set eqgame.exe to run as an administrator.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Mcoy
Old 12-21-2020, 07:25 PM
Sarnak

I looked thru the properties of the shortcut. I clicked on each tab then the advanced for each. I found the run as admin and clicked that. I'll let you know if that helps.
I also choose the medium pointer to see if it helped. I'm old and the pointer in default is too small.
Closed Thread