Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 07-27-2023, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It takes 1-3 minutes to run from entrance to any camp in the zone. In this case the PH is dead with a 20-min respawn timer, though. The etiquette / code of conduct / agreement is to wait for a PH to be up for about 2 minutes before taking a camp.

If I log in and see a PH up, I'll do an ooc CC and wait 2 min while standing right in front of the spawn. I'll kill it (claiming the camp) at that point.
Similarly, when finished with a camp, people generally leave the PH up. This signals to everyone else that the camp is now open. It's also somewhat common to see in ooc "camp X open" if someone leaves after holding it for a long time.

This approach allows for camping out buffs, provides buffer time for client crashes, etc. As long as you are there on time for the PHs, people will respect your camp.
Yeah I just meant more like ok if the Ench is sitting out there flaking around for 10 minutes or more are you still supposed to give them the camp if they decide to come back eventually (before the next PH spawns)?

Seems to me like it would be fair to take the camp at that point unless the other person is actively making that run down from BW/entrance.
Old 07-27-2023, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I just meant more like ok if the Ench is sitting out there flaking around for 10 minutes or more are you still supposed to give them the camp if they decide to come back eventually (before the next PH spawns)?

Seems to me like it would be fair to take the camp at that point unless the other person is actively making that run down from BW/entrance.
I agree that if the player hasn't come back to the camp in 10 minutes, the assumption should be that they left the camp.

Anybody who is actively camping something in Chardok will immediately return to their camp from my experience. It certainly doesn't take 10 minutes to run to any camp in Chardok, so it's going to be a tougher sell to try and re-claim a camp after that period of time.
Old 07-27-2023, 06:09 PM
Kobold

The rules do pretty clearly say that you have to be in the same zone to hold a camp, but maybe that isn't a great rule?

Like suppose a druid is bound at a camp and then self-ports to a ring to sell and then gates right back to the camp in plenty of time for the next spawn. You'd have to be an asshole to try to lawyer that camp away from the druid imo.

This feels similar in some sense. The enc should be back at the spawn point with plenty of time before the next spawn so lawyering it away from them seems against the spirit of the PnP.
Old 07-27-2023, 09:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rules do pretty clearly say that you have to be in the same zone to hold a camp, but maybe that isn't a great rule?

Like suppose a druid is bound at a camp and then self-ports to a ring to sell and then gates right back to the camp in plenty of time for the next spawn. You'd have to be an asshole to try to lawyer that camp away from the druid imo.

This feels similar in some sense. The enc should be back at the spawn point with plenty of time before the next spawn so lawyering it away from them seems against the spirit of the PnP.
It's a great rule if it only applies when the placeholder (or named) is up.

Maybe the answer is this: There is no such thing as "claiming a camp" while the placeholder/named is down. Under that interpretation, the rules as written work correctly. Keeping the PH killed on time keeps the camp. Leaving the zone (while the PH is up) releases the camp. To claim a camp, engage the PH/named while the camp is open.

The above makes sense to me. I 100% agree that a druid porting to sell and gating back between PHs should not be considered relinquishing the camp.
Last edited by Ruien; 07-27-2023 at 09:26 PM..
Old 07-28-2023, 12:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thats wildly exaggerated

wouldnt expect much less from one of the kings of the blue gen discord circle jerk though
Sorry you're being called out - consider being less racist I expect more from you
Old 07-28-2023, 11:39 AM
Kobold

Rules are rules. If they leave, it's yours. Make sure to take fraps to get them suspended when they train you.
Old 07-28-2023, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thats wildly exaggerated

wouldnt expect much less from one of the kings of the blue gen discord circle jerk though
I think you are in fact, everything that everybody says about you. I always feel sad for you. It's hard to read your posts, which you post on every single thread, lets just be honest- And not assume your life is miserable. You'll deny it, but you'll still know- Life in your body is a shitty one at best.

Sorry your racist.
Old 08-08-2023, 08:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It takes 1-3 minutes to run from entrance to any camp in the zone. In this case the PH is dead with a 20-min respawn timer, though. The etiquette / code of conduct / agreement is to wait for a PH to be up for about 2 minutes before taking a camp. Were do i find these rules ? So much rulings to find =)

If I log in and see a PH up, I'll do an ooc CC and wait 2 min while standing right in front of the spawn. I'll kill it (claiming the camp) at that point.
Similarly, when finished with a camp, people generally leave the PH up. This signals to everyone else that the camp is now open. It's also somewhat common to see in ooc "camp X open" if someone leaves after holding it for a long time.

This approach allows for camping out buffs, provides buffer time for client crashes, etc. As long as you are there on time for the PHs, people will respect your camp.
Old 08-08-2023, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EkotTunnel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Were do i find these rules ? So much rulings to find =)
There is no official rule. It's more of an unofficial player agreement that has been ongoing for years.

Most people who farm in Chardok have learned that people gate, /q, or train out named mobs. This is a good strategy. They will adopt the strategy themselves and give other people courtesy when they use the same strategy.
Old 08-08-2023, 10:51 AM
Fire Giant

You can leave a zone and still claim a camp. You just have to aggro the ph within 30 seconds of spawn and you have to be in the zone when it spawns.