Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 01:41 AM
Sarnak

Lets get this thread back on track instead of arguing about one tiny aspect of how the management might decide to solve this little issue.

From page 10:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitVelvetSmooth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thread summary :
OP points out that the Chardok AE trend is definitely not something that occurred in the same way on Live. In fact, in instances where a zone has been "taken over" for overdriven powerlevving, the devs took steps to nerf the pl. (It being taken for granted that it it clearly not remotely in the spirit of the game to skip the 55+ xp-ing, and also monopolizes loot unique to the zone, e.g. chardok pipe etc etc)

Players with multiple 60-toons that would hate to actually have to level their alts and, you know, play the game, call the OP a player-hating pussy. (Not an altogether unexpected reaction)

Enlightened GM shows up and say, nuh-uh, it was totally like that in classic, you're imagining things, stop bothering the 1%ers.

Sideline viewers shake their heads....
Important question : Is what they are doing a mechanic exploit or not? (Spoiler, all the people that benefit from the farm say no. High quality, introspective, intellectually honest people here, I tell ya.)
Old 07-03-2014, 01:44 AM
Fire Giant

The guys post was in 2004 though not in 2001.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guys post was in 2004 though not in 2001.
Time Travel mystery solved

Disappointing

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also the guide wasn't posted until May of 2001. That's nearly six months into Velious as starting point for the claim of lazy aggro. That doesn't prove that it was around in Kunark timeline.
Quote:
What happens is, probably, that you have three different radii on the monsters. You have the aggro radius, you have the "continue to follow to smash" radius and the "help help I am getting hurt" radius.

The last one of these seems to be too big...

Now lets say that the tank goes and pulls a few mobs. Those within aggro radius starts to follow him. Some other mobs were inside the "help help getting hurt" radius, and gets the puller on their hate list. Later, while fighting, or after fight, you heal the puller. This puts YOU on the hate list, and since the puller hasn't done any damage to it, you go to the top. This is why when such a mob gets near camp, it goes straight for the healer (or the bard).

As for the autoaggroing, I'm not quite sure how it works, but it might be that the spawning critter is within range of another that is aggro on you, but out of "follow and smash" radius, which would make the spawning critter go straight for you.
Quote:
Yep, I've heard lots of tales of seemingly random aggro since the release of Kunark (and not just in the new lands).

Bards are talking about it everywhere, since their songs affect the whole party. Partly I believe this has to do with the fact that mobs can "forget" about you in Kunark, but I'm not sure.
Posted this already, if your not capable of keeping up its not my problem - posted 2000.

Link: http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9847
Old 07-03-2014, 03:37 AM
Sarnak

Another one from 2000 - http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=168

Quote:
Monsters in Kunark will also "give up" on trying to catch someone pretty easily, which can lead to problems.

Your puller, with SoW, goes out into the zone, tags a monster, and heads back to your camp. He outpaces the monster a little too much, though, and the monster heads back to his spawn point. No biggie - he pulls something else instead. Remember, though - he's *still* on that monster's aggro list! From that point on, every time you heal or buff the puller, you're putting *yourself* higher on that monster's aggro list - and since the monster has been "activated", so to speak, he's yelling for help around him, even though he's not fighting you.

So now you're at the top of this one monster's hate list, and he spreads his hate list around. If the puller comes back with anything that's been near him, they'll go STRAIGHT for you - they hate you more, after all.

So yeah, lets stop trying to pretend it didn't exist.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was PoP out in 2001? It couldn't have been. I remember being in Nro on September 11th and some Canadian dude told everyone in my group to sit down and gave us a William Wallace speech about how our country was strong and we would get through this and he would be praying for us. Hahaha that guy was nuts.

ANYWAY WHAT"S THE DEAL WITH THIS LEVEL 62 GUY WHO EXISTED IN 2001???
Nah that's my bad. That post was from 2004.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

Nice. So there is definitely some third party evidence about the lazy aggro. Do you think that will be good enough? Or do they need official patch notes or something?
Old 07-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was PoP out in 2001? It couldn't have been. I remember being in Nro on September 11th and some Canadian dude told everyone in my group to sit down and gave us a William Wallace speech about how our country was strong and we would get through this and he would be praying for us. Hahaha that guy was nuts.
That guy sounds awesome, shoulda frapsed it.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

REPOST - TLDR for people that don't want to waste their time reading this shit -

Lets get this thread back on track instead of arguing about one tiny aspect of how the management might decide to solve this little issue.

From page 10:

Thread summary :
OP points out that the Chardok AE trend is definitely not something that occurred in the same way on Live. In fact, in instances where a zone has been "taken over" for overdriven powerlevving, the devs took steps to nerf the pl. (It being taken for granted that it it clearly not remotely in the spirit of the game to skip the 55+ xp-ing, and also monopolizes loot unique to the zone, e.g. chardok pipe etc etc)

Players with multiple 60-toons that would hate to actually have to level their alts and, you know, play the game, call the OP a player-hating pussy. (Not an altogether unexpected reaction)

Enlightened GM shows up and say, nuh-uh, it was totally like that in classic, you're imagining things, stop bothering the 1%ers.

Sideline viewers shake their heads....

Important question : Is what they are doing a mechanic exploit or not? (Spoiler, all the people that benefit from the farm say no. High quality, introspective, intellectually honest people here, I tell ya.)
Old 07-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Fire Giant

Let thread die imo. OP already stated bug report submitted and in fact does not care either way if it gets fixed or not.
Closed Thread