Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_Munny15 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A druid's snare is better than a bards, That is all.
In some situations? I guess? The point was that the Bard's snare makes the mob move slowest of all the snares, which I think is true.

As for whether Bards are hard to play relative to other classes, I'd say yes, but that doesn't make Bards necessarily more skilled. It definitely takes a lot more effort to keep 5 mobs on lockdown with a mez that only lasts 3 ticks, or to be able to solo 30 mobs at once, or to constantly twist 4 songs at once, but that doesn't take that much "skill" - it just means you can't be lazy.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Last edited by Lazortag; 04-12-2011 at 02:27 PM..
Old 04-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_Munny15 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A druid's snare is better than a bards, That is all.
Bard: No mana to cast, lasts 18 secs, can move while casting, best snare
Druid: Mana, lasts a long time, can't move while casting, less snared than bard

There are trade-offs. I like being a bard because I don't have to sit and med, can still use "magic", and don't have to stand still while casting. So much more fun.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felizcat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, I tried a macro like that on multiple occasions and regularly went back to double tapping. Which makes a full 4 song sequence go like this: 1, 2 2, 3 3, 4 4, 1 1, 2 2......

Maybe it was burnt into my brain or my fingers already and couldn't be changed, but that's how it turned out.

On macroing bard songs and sequences, don't overdo it. It will take away your flexibility and adaptability. You won't have a macro for every situation that comes up, but your fingers will always find your 8 song hotkeys.
I too am a double tapper. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I too am a double tapper. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slice_zombieland_jesse_eisenberg_double-tap_t_shirt_01.jpg (34.8 KB, 1734 views)

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Closed Thread